Myxitin 3miu Injection
Myxitin 3 MIU Description
Myxitin 3miu Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of certain types of severe bacterial infections. It contains colistin (also called polymyxin E or colistimethate) as its
main component. It will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Myxitin 3 MIU
Contraindications of Myxitin 3 MIU
Side effects of Myxitin 3 MIU
- Injections site reaction
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Myxitin 3 MIU
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You have asthma
- You are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of skin called porphyria
Mode of Action of Myxitin 3 MIU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Myxitin 3 MIU
- Myxitin 3miu Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Myxitin 3 MIU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Myxitin 3miu Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, muscle relaxants, medicines to treat a condition called myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness).
Storage and disposal of Myxitin 3 MIU
- Store Myxitin 3miu Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Myxitin 3 MIU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Myxitin 3miu Injection ?
Q: What is the use of Myxitin 3miu Injection ?
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Colomycin 2 million International Units (IU) Powder for solution for injection, infusion or inhalation - - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]