Mycort 100mg Injection
By CAPTAB BIOTECH
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mycort 100 MG Description
Mycort 100mg Inj is useful for treating swelling, redness due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, severe asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, severe shock due to an injury, trauma or infection, lack of adrenal gland, etc. It contains hydrocortisone as its active ingredient. It belongs to a group of medicines known as steroids. It will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹6.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||To treat inflammation due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, severe asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydrocortisone(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Mycort 100 MG
Mycort 100mg Inj is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, severe asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, severe shock due to an injury, trauma or infection, lack of adrenal gland, etc....
Contraindications of Mycort 100 MG
- If you are allergic to Hydrocortisone or any other ingredients of Mycort 100mg Inj .
- If you already have been vaccinated or have a vaccination scheduled.
- If you are suffering from any viral infection (such as measles, chickenpox, shingles) and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Mycort 100 MG
- Injection site reactions like pain, redness, swelling, etc
- Altered mood (mood swings)
Precautions and Warnings of Mycort 100 MG
Can I take Mycort 100mg Inj during pregnancy?
- Mycort 100mg Inj must be avoided during pregnancy as it may be harmful. However, your doctor will only give you this injection if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- If you get pregnant while on treatment, please consult your doctor and do not stop the medicine unless told to do so by your doctor.
Can I take Mycort 100mg Inj while breastfeeding?
Although there is limited information, this medicine is likely to pass into breast milk, thus you should consult a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mycort 100mg Inj ?
There is limited data available about the effects of this medicine on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mycort 100mg Inj ?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have problems with your heart like heart failure, high blood pressure, etc.
- You are suffering from any mental health problems like depression.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits (epilepsy).
- You or any member of your family had or have an eye problem like glaucoma.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You are suffering from a stomach ulcer.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have any type of infection.
- You have a vaccination planned.
- You recently had chickenpox, shingles, measles, etc. or have been in contact with a person who has it.
- You experience any kind of mental health problems like depression, suicidal thoughts, etc; immediately contact your doctor.
- Mycort 100mg Inj should not be discontinued suddenly, as it may cause serious side effects.
- It should not be used too often or for a prolonged duration
Mode of Action of Mycort 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Hydrocortisone in Mycort 100mg Inj works by blocking or reducing the action of some natural substances in the skin that cause swelling, redness and allergies.
Directions for Use of Mycort 100 MG
- Mycort 100mg Inj will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Mycort 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Mycort 100mg Inj .
- Medicines like Rifampicin, rifabutin (used in tuberculosis), carbamazepine, phenobarbitone, phenytoin, primidone (used to treat fits or seizures) may reduce the effects of this medicine and thus should be used with caution....
- Medicines like insulin (and other diabetic medicines), other anti-hypertensive medicines (captopril, verapamil), blood thinners like warfarin, water pills, pain killers like ibuprofen, aspirin, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma) may increase the effects of this medicine when taken simultaneously....
- Other medicines like Carbenoxolone, Oral contraceptive pill, Mifepristone, Vecuronium, Tretinoin, Quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Mycort 100mg Inj .
Storage and disposal of Mycort 100 MG
- Store Mycort 100mg Inj under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mycort 100 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of Mycort 100mg Inj . If you experience any discomfort right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when this injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why can't I take Mycort 100mg Inj by myself?
A: Mycort 100mg Inj is to be taken by injection and are given into tissue just under the skin or into the vein. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. It also needs to observe the patient for some time after injection. So, this medicine should not be self-administered.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before starting Mycort 100mg Inj ?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Mycort 100mg Inj may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Is Mycort 100mg Inj a steroid?
A: Yes, Mycort 100mg Inj contains Hydrocortisone, which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay