Mupirox 2.0% Oint
Mupirox 2 % Description
Mupirox Ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Ointment works by inhibiting the growth and spread of in
fection causing bacteria. Mupirox Ointment is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
- B Muce 2% OintBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries5g Ointment in TubeMRP 148.50₹ 126.22₹ 25.24/Gram
- T Bact 2% Ointment 15gmBy Glaxosmithkline15g Ointment in TubeMRP 351.20₹ 298.5220% CHEAPER₹ 19.9/Gram
- T Bact 2% Oint 5gmBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma5g Ointment in TubeMRP 147.35₹ 125.25₹ 25.05/Gram
- Mupimet 2% Oint 5gmBy Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd5g Ointment in TubeMRP 143.00₹ 114.408% CHEAPER₹ 22.88/Gram
- M Sys Ointment 10gmBy Systopic Laboratories10g Ointment in TubeMRP 120.00₹ 104.4058% CHEAPER₹ 10.44/Gram
- K Bact 2% Oint 5gmBy Indi Pharma Pvt Ltd5g Ointment in TubeMRP 144.63₹ 122.941% CHEAPER₹ 24.59/Gram
Uses of Mupirox 2 %
Contraindications of Mupirox 2 %
Side effects of Mupirox 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Mupirox 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are applying Mupirox Ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Ointment, Ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Mupirox 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mupirox 2 %
- Mupirox Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Mupirox 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Mupirox 2 %
- Store Mupirox Ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Mupirox 2 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mupirox Ointment be used for fungal infections?
Q: Does Mupirox Ointment contain a steroid?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]