Mucomyks Ampoule Of 5ml Injection
By AAA PHARMA TRADE PVT LTD
5ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucomyks 200 MG/ML Description
Mucomyks Injection is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema)
, production of thick sticky mucus (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. It contains acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics (medicines that make the mucus less thick and sticky). Acetylcysteine present in Mucomyks Injection helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out.
|You Save||₹18.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Respiratory tract disease with excessive mucus|
|Side effects||Fever, headache, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Acetylcysteine(200.0 Mg/Ml)
Uses of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
Mucomyks Injection is used as adjuvant therapy in respiratory tract diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis associated with excessive mucous secretion.
Contraindications of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
- If you are allergic to acetylcysteine or any ingredients of Mucomyks Injection.
- Mucomyks Injection should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
Can I take Mucomyks Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data on the use of Mucomyks Injection during pregnancy. Hence, this medicine must be used in pregnant women only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Mucomyks Injection while breastfeeding?
It is not known if acetylcysteine is secreted in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the newborn baby, avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mucomyks Injection?
Mucomyks Injection is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Mucomyks Injection?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Mucomyks Injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of the airways and lungs. You should contact your doctor if you experience any discomfort. Mucomyks Injection is less likely to affect your driving abilities....
Mode of Action of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Mucomyks Injection contains acetylcysteine that is a derivative of a natural amino acid L-cysteine. It acts by thinning the mucus and making it easier to cough out and relieve the airways.
Directions for Use of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
- Take Mucomyks Injection as advised by your doctor before or after your meals
- Do not take more than prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mucomyks Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Mucomyks Injection
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorder along with Mucomyks Injection can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
- Store at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets
Dosage of Mucomyks 200 MG/ML
You may experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or loose motions. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Mucomyks Injection an effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
- Mucomyks Injection is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms.
- It has excellent antioxidant properties that can be helpful for other disease conditions. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Mucomyks Injections?
A: You must not take this medicine within 2 hours of taking an antibiotic. Cough suppressants and medicines to treat high blood pressure should be avoided or used with caution while taking acetylcysteine. The tablets smell of sulphur (or rotten eggs), which is very pungent. Make sure you do not throw away the tablet thinking it is spoiled.
Q: Is Mucomyks Injection an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics.
Q: How should I take Mucomyks Injection, before or after a meal?
A: It can be taken with or without food, as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is it safe to give Mucomyks Injection to my 6 months old baby?
A: No, you should not give this medicine to your baby. Discuss with a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are sensitive and not fully developed.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed