Monolam 200mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monolam 200 MG Description
Monolam Tablet is an anticonvulsant medication that is used in treating epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as its active ingredient. It acts by decreasing the abnormal impulses from the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing mood swings. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You develop any rashes after taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Before using the Monolam Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹42.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Epilepsy, bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Headache, skin rash, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Lamotrigine(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Monolam 200 MG
Monolam Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Monolam 200 MG
If you are allergic to lamotrigine or any other active ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Monolam 200 MG
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Monolam 200 MG
Can I take the Monolam Tablet during pregnancy?
- Use of the Monolam Tablet during pregnancy (especially first trimester) may cause an increased risk of birth defects such as cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Thus, consult your doctor before using if you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- Use effective contraception (condoms, a cap or a coil.) if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine, also seek advice from your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the treatment without discussion with your doctor.
Can I take the Monolam Tablet while breastfeeding?
Lamotrigine passes into the breastmilk and may affect your baby, thus consult your doctor before using the Monolam Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed, watch out for adverse effects such as drowsiness, rash and poor weight gain.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Monolam Tablet?
You should avoid driving while on treatment as the Monolam Tablet may make you feel sleepy or dizzy or may cause blurred vision, lack of muscle coordination or a depressed level of consciousness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Monolam Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while you are using the Monolam Tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have observed any rashes after taking the Monolam Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- You have any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition - Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Monolam 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Lamotrigine in the Monolam Tablet works by decreasing the impulses from the nerves in the brain that cause seizures and also mood changes.
Directions for Use of Monolam 200 MG
- Monolam Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Monolam 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Monolam Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Monolam 200 MG
- Store the Monolam Tablet below 25°C in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Monolam 200 MG
An overdose of the Monolam Tablet can lead to serious adverse effects such as lack of coordination, rapid, uncontrollable eye movements, unconsciousness, fits (convulsions) or coma. Thus, it should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of the Monolam Tablet. If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is epilepsy?
A: Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder affecting people of all ages characterized by recurrent seizures that are brief episodes of involuntary movement that may involve a part of the body or the entire body. It is caused due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain and sometimes accompanied by loss of consciousness and control of bowel or bladder function.
Q: What is bipolar disorder?
A: Bipolar disorder is a brain-related condition that affects a person's mood, energy and ability to function. People may also feel abnormally happy, irritable and sad or low.
Q: What is the use of the Monolam Tablet?
A: Monolam Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorders.
- Lamotrigine tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Lamotrigine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- Lamotrigine tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay