Monofix 200mg Tablets
Monofix 200mg Tablets Description
Monofix Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear an
cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Monofix Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
Uses of Monofix 200mg Tablets
- Monofix Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Monofix 200mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Monofix Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Monofix 200mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Monofix 200mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Monofix Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Monofix Tablet.
Mode of Action of Monofix 200mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Monofix 200mg Tablets
- Monofix Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Monofix 200mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Monofix Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Monofix Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Monofix 200mg Tablets
- Store Monofix Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Monofix 200mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Monofix Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Monofix Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Monofix Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Monofix Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]