Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
5g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Momate Cream is a topical steroid containing Mometasone as its active component. It is applied to the skin to alleviate the symptoms of skin diseases like dermatitis and eczema-like redness and itching. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
Momate Cream is used to reduce redness and itching caused by skin problems like psoriasis (a skin disease in which scaly, pink patches develop on the knees, elbows, scalp and other parts of the body) or dermatitis (skin reaction in which skin becomes red and itchy).
Contraindications of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
- If you are allergic to Mometasone or any other ingredient of the medicine
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face
- If you have itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and skin infections
- It can worsen acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm, or conditions like swelling near the mouth
Side effects of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Allergic skin reactions
- Bacterial and secondary skin infections
- Acne inflammation or infection of the hair follicles
- Thinning of the skin
- Red marks
- Excessive hair growth
- Stretch marks
- Dry skin
- Dermatitis (redness and itching)
Precautions and Warnings of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
Can I apply Momate Cream during pregnancy?
Use of mometasone cream during pregnancy should be performed only as per the doctor's advise. There is no adequate safety data available for mometasone use during pregnancy.
Can I apply Momate Cream while breastfeeding?
Use of mometasone cream while breastfeeding should be continued only as per the doctor's advise. If it has to be applied in high doses or long periods, then breastfeeding should be discontinued. Do not apply it near the breast or nipple area.
Can I drive if I have applied Momate Cream?
There is limited information about the effects of Momate cream on driving, but as it is a topical preparation, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Momate Cream?
Momate Cream is to be applied locally and no data is available for its use with alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive
- You develop an infection on your skin
- Your skin disease is worsening
- Prolonged and larger use of Momate cream may disturb the hormonal balance. It may lead to puffiness or rounding of the face, weakness, tiredness and dizziness in adults. In children, this may lead to delayed growth and development. Avoid smoking or flames after applying this cream as it may cause burnsread less
Mode of Action of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
How Does It Work?
Mometasone is a topical steroid which decreases inflammation thus reduces redness, scaling and itching associated with it.
Directions for Use of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Use Momate cream for local application on to the affected skin area.
- Follow the advice of your doctor and do not rub the medicine vigorously on to the skin.
- Momate Cream is not recommended for children under the age of 2.
- Do not use the cream on your face for longer period without the doctor's consultation.
- Do not put the cream under your child’s nappy unless advised by your doctor.
- Bandage or plaster cover may not be needed for such medicine application. Please check with your doctor.
- Do not use in or around your eyes and avoid accidental ingestion of medicine.
Interactions of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
Since Momate cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. It is advised to not use any other medicine together without your doctor's advice.
Storage and disposal of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
- Store Momate cream in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
- If you use Momate cream more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance.
- These can be puffiness on the face, swelling of face and weakness.
- The larger amount for a longer period may affect the growth and development in children.
- Accidental ingestion of the cream should not cause any concern. However, kindly consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed applying Momate cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor.
- It is advised to reduce the use gradually before stopping the use
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is Momate Cream used?
A: Momate Cream is a topical corticosteroid. It is used for skin ailments to reduce inflammation and related symptoms.
Q: Can I apply Momate Cream during pregnancy?
A: During pregnancy, treatment with mometasone should be performed as per the doctor's advise. However, the application on large body surface areas or over a prolonged period should be avoided. Safety data about mometasone in pregnancy is still inadequate.
Q: How to use Momate Cream?
A: Momate Cream should be applied on intact skin as per the advice of your doctor.
Q: Can I use Momate Cream on the face?
A: You can apply Momate Cream on the facial area but make sure not to expose eyes or ingest the medicine accidentally. But if you have a condition called rosacea or herpes on the face, do not apply it as it can worsen these skin conditions.
Q: Is Momate Cream a steroid?
A: Yes, Momate Cream is a topical steroid preparation of mometasone.
Q: Can I use Momate on insect bite?
A: No, Momate Cream is steroid preparation for external usage as advised by your doctor.
Q: Can we use Momate Cream for pimples?
A: Momate Cream is not indicated for pimples and may even worsen them.
Q: Can you stop Momate Cream after 5 days?
A: You must use Momate Cream as advised by your doctor and must not stop or change the treatment without the consultation.
Q: Is Momate safe?
A: Yes, you may safely use the medicine following the advise of the doctor.
Last Updated on: 06 Nov 2020 | 01:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved