Momate Tube Of 5gm Cream
Momate 0.1 %W/W Description
Momate cream is a topical steroid. It is used for the treatment of redness and itchiness caused by various skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis. Momate cream contains mometasone as its activ
e substance. It works by reducing the symptoms of skin diseases. Psoriasis is a skin condition in which itchy, red rashes develop on the elbows, knees, scalp and other parts of the body. Dermatitis is a skin condition that occurs when the skin reacts to outside agents like chemicals, cleaning agents, plants and cosmetics, causing the skin to become red and itchy. Use Momate cream exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is meant for external applications only. Do not ingest it. Apply a thin layer of this medicine to the skin surface free from cuts and wounds and rub gently to cover the affected area. Do not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or for more than the prescribed duration. Do not use in or around your eyes, including eyelids. Before starting treatment with Momate cream, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other topical medicines that you are using.
|Side effects||Allergic skin reactions, thinning of the skin, red marks|
- Irecura Tube Of 10gm CreamBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10g Cream in TubeMRP 79.00₹ 55.3080.39% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Gram
- Momate Xl Cream 40gmBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals40g Cream in TubeMRP 356.00₹ 302.6073.16% CHEAPER₹ 7.57/Gram
Uses of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- redness and itching caused by skin problems like psoriasis (a skin disease in which scaly, pink patches develop on the knees, elbows, scalp and other parts of the body) or,
- dermatitis (skin reaction in which skin becomes red and itchy).
Contraindications of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any other ingredient of Momate cream.
- If you have rosacea, a skin condition affecting the face
- If you have itching in your private parts, wounds, nappy rash, skin eruptions and skin infections
- It can worsen acne, herpes, warts, chickenpox, ringworm, or conditions like swelling near the mouth
Side effects of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- Allergic skin reactions
- Thinning of the skin
- Red marks
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Momate 0.1 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- Your psoriasis gets worse or you get raised bumps filled with pus under your skin
- You develop blurred vision or other visual disturbances
- Your skin becomes irritated or sensitive
- You develop an infection on your skin
- Your skin disease is worsening
- Prolonged and larger use of Momate cream may disturb the hormonal balance. It may lead to puffiness or rounding of the face, weakness, tiredness and dizziness in adults. In children, this may lead to delayed growth and development. Avoid smoking or flames after applying this cream as it may cause burns...
Directions for Use of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- Use Momate cream for local application on to the affected skin area.
- Follow the advice of your doctor and do not rub the medicine vigorously on to the skin.
- Momate Cream is not recommended for children under the age of 2.
- Do not use the cream on your face for longer period without the doctor's consultation.
- Do not put the cream under your child’s nappy unless advised by your doctor.
- Bandage or plaster cover may not be needed for such medicine application. Please check with your doctor.
- Do not use in or around your eyes and avoid accidental ingestion of medicine.
Storage and disposal of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- Store Momate cream in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- Momate cream is a topical steroid. It is used for the treatment of redness and itchiness caused by various skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis.
- This medicine is meant for external application and should not be ingested.
- Use this medicine only as prescribed by your doctor and do not use it for longer than recommended.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are to be treated. Do not apply this medicine to the eyelids.
- Before starting treatment with Momate cream, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Also, inform the doctor about all other topical medicines that you are using.
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else, even if they have the same condition as you do.
- Momate Cream is not recommended for children under the age of 2 years.
Dosage of Momate 0.1 %W/W
- If you use Momate cream more than you should or in large quantities, it may interfere with some hormone balance. These can be puffiness on the face, swelling of face and weakness. The larger amount for a longer period may affect the growth and development in children....
- Accidental ingestion of the cream should not cause any concern. However, kindly consult your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed applying Momate cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
- Do not stop the medicine abruptly if you feel better without consulting your doctor. It is advised to reduce the use gradually before stopping the use
Mode of Action of Momate 0.1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Momate 0.1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Momate cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- It is advised to not use any other medicine together without your doctor's advice.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Momate Cream used for?
Q: Can I apply Momate Cream during pregnancy?
Q: How to use Momate Cream?
Q: Can I use Momate Cream on the face?
Q: Is Momate Cream a steroid?
Q: Can I use Momate on insect bites?
Q: Can we use Momate Cream for pimples?
Q: Can you stop Momate Cream after 5 days?
Q: Can I apply Momate Cream on my lips?
Q: For how long do I need to use Momate Cream?
Q: What are the side effects of Momate Cream?
Q: Can I use Momate cream for fungal infection?
Q: Can I use Momate cream for pigmentation?
Q: Can I use Momate cream for fairness?
Q: What is the composition of Momate cream?
- Elocon Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]
- Elocon Cream - Patient Information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 August 2022]