Megapen 500mg Capsule
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Megapen 500mg Capsule contains Ampicillin and Cloxacillin as its active ingredients. It is an antibiotic further being classified into 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Megapen 500mg Capsule is used to treat bacterial infection of lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose, wounds after surgery caused due to various organisms. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth and killing the infection-causing bacteria. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration, as any missed or skipped dose can lead to treatment failure and reoccurrence of the infection. You may experience diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting while on this medicine. If these symptoms do not go on its own, consult the doctor.
Uses of Megapen 500mg Capsule
- Megapen 500mg Capsules is used to treat bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin & soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
- It is also used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery.
Contraindications of Megapen 500mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to Ampicillin, Cloxacillin or any of the ingredient of Megapen 500mg Capsule.
- If you are allergic to similar antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin.
- Megapen 500mg Capsule should never be used for eye infections and eye contact should be avoided.
Side effects of Megapen 500mg Capsule
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Megapen 500mg Capsule
Can I take Megapen 500mg Capsule during pregnancy?
The effect of Megapen 500mg Capsule in pregnant women is not clearly known. However, it should be used only if prescribed by your doctor after considering it to be essential and safe. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Megapen 500mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Megapen 500mg Capsule passes into breastmilk and can cause side effects like diarrhoea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Therefore, it is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Megapen 500mg Capsule?
Megapen 500mg Capsule does not alter the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Megapen 500mg Capsule?
Consuming alcohol may exaggerate such symptoms related to the stomach like nausea and vomiting. Avoid drinking when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Penicillins.
- You experience serious allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking this medicine.
- You are having watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor.
- You develop other infections while taking this medicine.
- You have existing kidney problems.
- You should not give this medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Megapen 500mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Megapen 500mg Capsule inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and thereby kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Megapen 500mg Capsule
Megapen 500mg Capsule should be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit. It should not be broken, crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Megapen 500mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with this medicine.
- Antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides, Doxycycline interfere with the way this medicine works.
- This medicine hampers the way in which oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Sulfasalazine and Aspirin.
Storage and disposal of Megapen 500mg Capsule
- Store in a dry place at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Megapen 500mg Capsule
- The overdose of Megapen 500mg Capsule may cause serious kidney failure if you have existing kidney problems. Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you think you have taken too much dose of the medicine than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed or have forgotten to take a single dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with a regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Megapen 500mg Capsule?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Can I take Megapen 500mg Capsule for cold and flu as well?
A: No, you cannot take Megapen 500mg Capsule for treating cold and flu. This is specific for treating bacterial infections, while cold and flu are caused by viruses. Hence, taking this medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
Q: Can the use of Megapen 500mg Capsule cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of Megapen 500mg Capsule can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect. Hence, not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Why should I take Megapen 500mg Capsule with food?
A: Megapen 500mg Capsule should be taken with food to avoid stomach upset. Also, it enhances the absorption of the medicine. Hence, consuming this medicine on an empty stomach can result in stomach upset.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 09:46 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved