Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Magadol Ac Tablet contains a combination of two medicine aceclofenac and paracetamol. It is used for the management of pain, swelling and inflammation. Magadol Ac Tablet works by the combined action
of aceclofenac and paracetamol. You should avoid taking Magadol Ac Tablet too often or for prolonged periods since it contains paracetamol, which is known to cause liver-related problems and allergic reaction (swelling of the face, mouth and throat, difficulty in breathing, itching or rash) if taken more than the recommended dose.
|Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Magadol Ac Tablet is useful in relieving pain and swelling associated with bones and joints in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and low back pain.
- It is also useful in gynecological pain, toothache, headache, pain and swelling in the ear, nose and throat.
Contraindications of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Magadol Ac Tablet.
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking painkillers.
- If you have a history of or currently have stomach ulcers or bleeding in any part of the digestive tract.
- If you have a heart failure problem, high blood pressure, liver or kidney-related problem.
- If you are pregnant, this medicine should not be taken, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a kidney or liver problem or blood clotting disorder.
- You have a bleeding problem in the stomach, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking Magadol Ac Tablet.
- You are an elderly patient or taking water pills or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Magadol Ac Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- It can be taken with food or after food.
Interactions of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Magadol Ac Tablet can interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions....
- Other medicines containing paracetamol should not be taken along with Magadol Ac Tablet, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Magadol Ac Tablet can interfere with the blood pressure-lowering action of medicines used to treat high blood pressure.
- Medicines like water pills, digoxin (used for heart conditions), ciclosporin & tacrolimus (used to modify immune response) if taken along can lead to kidney problems and hence should be used cautiously....
- There is an increase in the risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding when Magadol Ac Tablet is taken along with steroids.
- There is a risk of bleeding if Magadol Ac Tablet is taken along with blood thinners such as warfarin.
- You may experience fits and seizures if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- Antidiabetic medicines, if taken along with Magadol Ac Tablet, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, hunger pangs.
Storage and disposal of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Magadol Ac Tablet in a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Magadol Ac Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Magadol Ac Tablet?
- Yes, you need to tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine for pain, fever or arthritis.
- Take medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Never take a dose more than what is prescribed, as it can result in an overdose.
- Be cautious about stomach pain, blood in vomit, dark stools; these could be signs of bleeding in your stomach or intestine Immediately stop taking medicine and inform your doctor.