Magadol Ac Tab
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Magadol Ac Tablet contains a combination of two medicine Aceclofenac and Paracetamol. It is used for the management of pain, swelling and inflammation. Magadol Ac Tablet works by the combined action of aceclofenac and paracetamol. You should avoid taking Magadol Ac Tablettoo often or for prolonged periods since it contains paracetamol, which is known to cause liver-related problems and allergic reaction (swelling of the face, mouth and throat, difficulty in breathing, itching or rash) if taken more than the recommended dose.
Uses of Magadol Ac Tab
- Magadol Ac Tabletis useful in relieving pain and swelling associated with bones and joints in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and low back pain.
- It is also useful in gynaecological pain, toothache, headache, pain and swelling in the ear, nose and throat.
Contraindications of Magadol Ac Tab
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Magadol Ac Tablet.
- If you have a history of asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion after taking painkillers.
- If you have a history of or currently have stomach ulcers or bleeding in any part of the digestive tract.
- If you have a heart failure problem, high blood pressure, liver or kidney-related problem.
- If you are pregnant, this medicine should not be taken, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Magadol Ac Tab
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Black stools
- Loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Magadol Ac Tab
Can I take the Magadol Ac Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take the Magadol Ac Tablet during pregnancy, as it can lead to birth defects in the growing foetus. Hence, it should not be taken by a pregnant woman. Taking this medicine while you are pregnant can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of labour and increase the risk of bleeding in the mother and baby.
Can I take Magadol Ac Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to take this medicine during breastfeeding, as components of Magadol Ac Tablet can pass in breast milk and produce undesirable effects in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Magadol Ac Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Magadol Ac Tablet, as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Magadol Ac Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking the Magadol Ac Tablet. Discuss with your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney or liver problem or blood clotting disorder.
- You have a bleeding problem in the stomach, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the symptoms of asthma.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking Magadol Ac Tablet.
- You are an elderly patient or taking water pills or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Magadol Ac Tab
How Does It Work?
Magadol Ac Tabletworks by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain. Paracetamol is also known to raise the pain threshold and hence reduce the level of the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Magadol Ac Tab
- Magadol Ac Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- It can be taken with food or after food.
Interactions of Magadol Ac Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Magadol Ac Tabletcan interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbal preparations you are taking to avoid any interactions.read less
- Other medicines containing paracetamol should not be taken along with Magadol Ac Tablet, as there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Magadol Ac Tabletcan interfere with the blood pressure-lowering action of medicines used to treat high blood pressure.
- Medicines like water pills, digoxin (used for heart conditions), ciclosporin & tacrolimus (used to modify immune response) if taken along can lead to kidney problems and hence should be used cautiously.read less
- There is an increase in the risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding when Magadol Ac Tabletis taken along with steroids.
- There is a risk of bleeding if Magadol Ac Tabletis taken along with blood thinners such as warfarin.
- You may experience fits and seizures if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- Antidiabetic medicines, if taken along with Magadol Ac Tablet, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat, hunger pangs.
Storage and disposal of Magadol Ac Tab
- Store Magadol Ac Tablets in a cool and dry place and away from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Magadol Ac Tab
Taking Magadol Ac Tablet in high doses may result in severe liver damage. Other symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, coma, dizziness, low blood pressure, fits and difficulty in breathing. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Magadol Ac Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Magadol Ac Tablet?
- Yes, you need to tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicine for pain, fever or arthritis.
- Take medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Never take a dose more than what is prescribed, as it can result in an overdose.
- Be cautious about stomach pain, blood in vomit, dark stools; these could be signs of bleeding in your stomach or intestine Immediately stop taking medicine and inform your doctor.
Q: Does Magadol Ac Tabletcause addiction?
A: No, Magadol Ac Tabletis not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can children use Magadol Ac Tablet?
A: No, Magadol Ac Tablet is meant to be used in adults only. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting with the paediatrician.
Q: Can I take paracetamol with Magadol Ac Tablet?
A: Magadol Ac Tabletalready contains paracetamol and aceclofenac. Do not take additional paracetamol. If your pain is not relieved, then consult your doctor as the doctor may increase the dose or add another medicine based on your condition.
Q: Is Magadol Ac Tableta painkiller?
A: Yes, Magadol Ac Tablet is a painkiller. It contains paracetamol and aceclofenac, which has pain-relieving actions.
Q: Can I take Magadol Ac Tabletwith antibiotics?
A: Magadol Ac Tabletmay interact with a few of the antibiotics and produce an altered response. Consult your doctor for detailed information as to which antibiotic you are referring to.
Q: Can Magadol Ac Tabletbe used for fever?
A: No, Magadol Ac Tablet should not be used for fever.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Flat Rs. 150 off on Urban Company Disinfection Services
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved