Lozep 0.5mg Tablets (Psy)
Lozep 0.5 MG Description
Lozep Tablet is a prescription medication that aids in the treatment of comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions), anxiety disorders and certain types of epilepsy (seizures).
Anxiety and other mood disorders can be accompanied by major depressive disorder. Epilepsy is a condition caused by the overactivity of the brain. This medicine contains clonazepam as an active ingredient. These tablets acts as a central nervous system depressant. Lozep Tablets help stabilise mood by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain. Some of the more common side effects of this medication include sleepiness, dizziness, weight gain, etc. Lozep Tablets can cause behavioural changes and increase the tendency of suicidal thoughts. It also causes physical dependency if used for a long duration. You should not stop using Lozep medicine abruptly as it can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹3.26 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, A few types of seizure disorder, Comorbid depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation and other secretions, Suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Lozep 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Lozep Tablets are used in,
- Treatment of conditions such as comorbid depression.
- Treatment of anxiety disorder and panic disorders (mood disorders)
- Treatment of certain types of seizure disorders like variant, myoclonic and akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Lozep 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of Lozep medicine.
- If you have any history of medicine or alcohol abuse.
- If you have central nervous system depression (slow and steady decline of respiration), this medicine can be life-threatening.
- If you have any self-harming or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition that increases the fluid pressure inside the eye, this medicine can worsen the condition.
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions, this medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you have a severe liver disease.
- If you are planning for a pregnancy or are already pregnant.
- If you have been diagnosed with severe depression.
- If you are going to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this medicine.
Side effects of Lozep 0.5 MG
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Lozep 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly person over 65 years of age. Lozep Tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus, this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of this medicine needs to be slowly tapered.
- You have kidney or liver conditions.
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You are overweight. The dose needs to be monitored.
- You are taking any herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St john’s wort, herbal medicine that helps with depression. It can cause serious effects.
- You experience side effects that persist for a long duration or worsen.
Mode of Action of Lozep 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lozep 0.5 MG
- Take the Lozep Tablet exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take the medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take Lozep with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Lozep Tablet if the package has been opened.
Interactions of Lozep 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not use other sedatives or different antidepressant medicines if you are using Lozep medicine. The reactions between them can cause unwanted effects. Inform your doctor if you have used any in the last 14 days....
- When you are using a Lozep Tablet, do not use opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you are using antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor, as the dose may need to be adjusted.
- Lozep Tablet interacts with many medications. Inform your doctor about all the treatments or medications you are currently using.
Interactions with food items
- You can take Lozep Tablet with or without food. If you are experiencing any stomach issues, you should take it after eating food.
- Try to avoid caffeine- containing products or drinks with Lozep Tablet, as it can reduce the calming effects of this medicine.
- Also, avoid having grapefruit and its juice. It can increase the levels of this medicine in the body.
Storage and disposal of Lozep 0.5 MG
Dosage of Lozep 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Lozep Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is a Lozep Tablet safe for a child?
Q: Will I get addicted to the Lozep Tablet if I use it every day?
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from:
- S; M. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Jan 23].
- The efficacy and safety of clonazepam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience : the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 23]. Available from: