Lonart Ds Tab
By BLISS GVS PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Non ReturnableRead More
Lonart Ds Tab is a combination of Artemether and Lumefantrine, an anti-malarial medicine.
Uses of Lonart Ds Tab
- This medicine is used for the treatment of malaria cases not responding to other anti-malarial medicines
Contraindications of Lonart Ds Tab
- If you are allergic to Artemether and Lumefantrine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a serious malarial infection with impaired body functions like difficulty in breathing, fits, kidney brain and liver-related problems
- If you have a family history of heart disease
- If you are taking medicines such as Flecainide, Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, Terfenadine, Astemizole or Cisapride
- If you have heart disease like irregular heart rhythm or heart failure
- If you have an imbalance of electrolytes in your body due to fluid loss
Side effects of Lonart Ds Tab
- Low appetite, vomiting, stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea
- Headache, dizziness and sleeplessness
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Unusual muscle movements, joint pain and fatigue
- Pounding and irregular heartbeat
- Skin disorders like rashes or itching
- Difficulty in walking properly and lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Lonart Ds Tab
Can I take Lonart Ds Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine has known to cause or suspected to cause harmful effects on the developing fetus, thus not recommended for use in pregnant women. However, doctors may give this medicine to a pregnant women under critical situations where alternate antimalarial medicine is not able to treat the condition.
Can I take Lonart Ds Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed your baby during the treatment with this medicine. You have to wait for at least for 1 week post-treatment to start breastfeeding again.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lonart Ds Tab?
This medicine makes you feel sleepy, dizzy and weak. Thus it is advised not to drive when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Lonart Ds Tab?
Any specific information on the use of alcohol along with this medicine is not available. However, consuming alcohol may aggravate some of the side effects of this medicine like stomach problems and mental disturbances. Thus, it is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have a family history of irregular heartbeat or sudden death due to heart problems
- If you have heart disorders like irregular heartbeat, slow heart rate, etc.
- If you are taking any other medicine to treat malaria like Quinine or Mefloquine, special medical observation is required
- Your existing disease condition gets worsened after taking this medicine, immediate attention of a doctor is required
- If you are an HIV positive patient and taking medicines to treat HIV
- If you are using pills as contraceptive measures, you need to use alternative method of contraception like condoms at least for a month
- If you have serious kidney and liver function problems
Mode of Action of Lonart Ds Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine kills a malarial parasite called plasmodium.
Directions for Use of Lonart Ds Tab
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor preferably with food, beverage containing milk or with water
- In case you vomit within 1 hour of taking this medicine, take another dose
Interactions of Lonart Ds Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Never take medicines like Clarithromycin, Ciprofloxacin, Fluconazole, Terfenadine, Flecainide, Cisapride with Lonart Ds Tab as it can lead to serious heart problems
- Medicines like Metoprolol, Imipramine, Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, anti-malarial medicines like Mefloquine, Quinine should not be taken with this medicine
- If you have taken Lonart Ds Tab, Rifampin, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin should not be taken for at least for one month
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir, Nevirapine or Efavirenz
- You should not take this medicine if you have taken Halofantrine - an anti-malarial medicine, within a month
- This medicine interferes with the way oral contraceptive medication work. Thus it is advised to use alternative physical contraceptive measures like condoms during the treatment and at least one month post-treatmentread less
- Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be avoided during the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Lonart Ds Tab
- Store below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Lonart Ds Tab
There are no reported symptoms observed with the overdose of this medicine. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor or reach out to your nearest hospital as soon as possible. Try to carry the pack of the medicine to make overdose assessment easier for doctor/hospital staff.
Missed a Dose
- It would be best if you don't miss a dose of anti-malarial medicine as it may lead to treatment failure
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's already the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Never take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can this medicine be taken as precautionary to prevent malaria?
A: No, this medicine is used to treat malaria under the circumstances where other antimalarial medications are not working. It is not to be used for prevention.
Q: I am feeling better after 2 doses of this medicine, can I stop taking it?
- No, it is important to complete the course as prescribed by your doctor. You may feel better after the first dose but to kill the malarial parasite entirely from your body, you must complete the course or you may have a recurrence of malaria.read less
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved