Lolmet Xr 50mg Tablets
By INTRA LIFE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lolmet Xr 50 MG Description
Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab contains Metoprolol. It belongs to a class of medicines called as beta-blockers.
|₹431.20 (14% on MRP)
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- It is used to treat:
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain (angina pectoris)
- Irregular heart rhythm
Contraindications of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from heart conduction problem (like AV block) or uncontrolled heart failure
- If you are suffering from sick sinus syndrome (abnormal heart rhythms due to malfunction of sinus node)
- If you have continuous chest pain that occurs when you are at rest, between midnight and early morning (Prinzmetal's angina)
- If you have reduced blood supply to your limbs (peripheral arterial disease)
- If you have severe asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to tumour in adrenal gland (phaechromocytoma)
- If you have a condition called metabolic acidosis (increased acidity in your body)
- If you are using medicines to treat irregular heart rhythm like disopyramide
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia)
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension)
Side effects of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- Low blood pressure when you stand
- Slow heart rate
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
Can I take Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I take Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into the mother’s milk and not recommended if you are breastfeeding
- The infant needs close monitoring for side effects like slowing of heart rate in such cases
Can I drive if I have consumed Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab?
This medicine affects your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines if you experience dizziness and tiredness.
Can I consume alcohol with Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it may cause increased sleepiness or a drop in blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma
- If you have diabetes, caution is required, Metoprolol may cause low blood sugar levels and also change the body’s response to low blood sugar. You may not experience warning signs of low blood sugar such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, hunger pangs, headache, etc....
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (Pheochromocytoma)
- You have an overactive thyroid (a condition when thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone)
- You are suffering from psoriasis
- You have a circulation related problem in toes, arm, legs or fingers
- You are suffering from a type of chest pain (Prinzmetal’s angina)
- You recently had any heart attack, chest pain or heart surgery
Mode of Action of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab works by slowing the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels, thus reducing high blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- Please take it as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time everyday
Interactions of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat irregular heart rhythm (Amiodarone, disopyramide)
- Medicines used to treat pain or inflammation (Indomethacin, Sulindac, Diclofenac and Foctafenine)
- Medicines used to treat depression (Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and Bupropion)
- Medicines used to treat mental conditions (antipsychotic) like Thioridazine
- Medicines used to treat HIV (antiretroviral) like Ritonavir
- Medicines used to treat allergies (antihistamine) like Diphenhydramine
- Medicines used to treat malaria (Hydroxychloroquine, Mefloquine)
- Medicines used to treat fungal infection of skin (Terbinafine)
- Medicines used to treat acidity or ulcers (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat heart problems (Digoxin)
- Medicine used in acute shock and severe allergic reaction (Epinephrine)
- Medicine used to reduce swelling of the nose (Phenylpropanolamine)
- Eye drops like other beta blockers
- Medicines used to treat depression and Parkinson’s disease (Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors)
- Medicines used to lower down the blood pressure (Clonidine, Guanfacine, Moxonidine, Methyldopa, Rilmenidine)
- Medicines used to treat migraine (Ergotamine)
- Medicines used to treat chest pain (Nitroglycerine)
- General anaesthetics or local anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Medicines used to reduce blood sugar level like Insulin and oral antidiabetic medicines
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure and benign prostatic hyperplasia (Prazosine, Tamsulosin, Terazosin, Doxazosin)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin)
Interactions with food items
You must take this medicine dose on an empty stomach without food.
Storage and disposal of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Try to keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Lolmet Xr 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness, coma, nausea, vomiting, bluish colour of the lips, tongue and skin, low levels of potassium or calcium in blood...
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop this medication on my own?
A: If you stop a beta-blocker suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat, or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking a beta-blocker without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Lolmet Xr 50mg Tab?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure, if any.
Expires on or After
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.