Livoven 500mg Tablets
Livoven 500 MG Description
Livoven Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levofloxacin
. Livoven Tablet works killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking action of certain enzymes essential for DNA relplication, repair etc. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment. Before using Livoven Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Livoven 500 MG
Contraindications of Livoven 500 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolone. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Livoven 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Livoven 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver related problem
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years
- You are taking steroids
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety etc.Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have or had developed any allergic reaction after taking Livoven Tablet
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Livoven Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Livoven 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Livoven 500 MG
- Livoven Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Livoven 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Livoven Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problem should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Livoven Tablet.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with Livoven Tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Livoven 500 MG
- Store Livoven Tablet at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Livoven 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Livoven Tablet?
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Livoven Tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue Livoven Tablet treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Livoven Tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
Q: Does Livoven Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 22 April 2022]