Linzid 600mg Tablet
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Linzid Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing linezolid as an active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (pneumonia), skin and soft tissues. Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that causes inflammation in alveoli (air sacs in your lungs). The alveoli are filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult to breathe. It acts by stopping bacterial growth and preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. You should avoid drinking alcohol, draught beers and wine, eating large amounts of mature cheese yeast extracts or soya bean extracts during this treatment since this medicine may react with a substance called tyramine which is naturally present in some foods. This interaction may cause an increase in your blood pressure. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years. Before taking this medicine tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease, heart disease, liver problems. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine....
|You Save||₹21.58 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Linezolide / Linezolid(600.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, nausea, vomitng|
Check more medicines with composition as Linezolide / Linezolid(600.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Linzid 600mg Tablet
Uses of Linzid 600 MG
Linzid Tablet is used to treat infections of the lungs (pneumonia), skin and soft tissues.
Contraindications of Linzid 600 MG
- If you are allergic to linezolid or any of the ingredients in Linzid Tablet.
- If you are taking or recently had taken medicines for brain-related diseases like phenelzine, selegiline or moclobemide in the last 2 weeks.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Linzid 600 MG
- Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells and platelets)
Precautions and Warnings of Linzid 600 MG
Can I take Linzid Tablet during pregnancy?
Linzid Tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects on human pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if it has more advantages than risks. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Linzid Tablet while breastfeeding?
Linzid Tablet may pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, it is recommended not to breastfeed while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Linzid Tablet?
It is better to avoid driving after taking this medicine. Some side effects of Linzid Tablet are dizziness and vision problems, which can be dangerous while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Linzid Tablet?
No, you should not consume alcohol if you are taking this medicine. Draught beers and wine, in particular, may be responsible for increasing your blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have underlying medical conditions condition like high blood pressure, thyroid problems, psychiatric disorders such as confusion, liver or kidneys problems, etc.
- You are anaemic or if you bruise or bleed easily.
- You have a history of fits.
- You experience eye-related problems like blurred vision or a change in colour vision.
- You develop diarrhoea after taking this medicine, then the medicine must be stopped if the problem persists.
Mode of Action of Linzid 600 MG
How Does It Work?
Linzid Tablet works by inhibiting the formation of proteins required by the bacteria for their growth and multiplication. This will arrest the spread of bacteria and control the infection.
Directions for Use of Linzid 600 MG
- Linzid Tablet should be taken orally with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Linzid 600 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Linzid Tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders such as phenelzine, selegiline, medicines used for migraines like sumatriptan, anti-depressants, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, anti-coagulant like warfarin, medicines used to treat low blood pressure like dopamine, etc....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid Linzid Tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Storage and disposal of Linzid 600 MG
- Store this medicine below 20-25°C and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated medicine. Discard this medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Linzid 600 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Linzid Tablet?
A: You should take Linzid Tablet as advised by your doctor. You can take this medicine either before, during or after a meal. But it is advised to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
Q: What is the use of Linzid Tablet?
A: Linzid Tablet is indicated for the treatment of infections associated with lungs like pneumonia and skin and soft tissues caused by certain bacteria.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Linezolid 600 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Linezolid 600 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.