Lines 300mg Injection 2ml
Lines 300 MG Description
Lines Injection is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections in cases where other commonly used antibiotics have failed to cure or could not be used due to allergic problems. It contains
lincomycin, an antibiotic. It should be used only when it is proven that the cause of infection is bacteria which is sensitive to Lincomycin. It should not be used to treat minor bacterial infections or viral infections. Lines Injection will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting. It should be taken only when clearly prescribed by your doctor as this injection may lead to side effects which may present as mild diarrhoea or even life threatening Clostridium infections. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Lines 300 MG
Contraindications of Lines 300 MG
Side effects of Lines 300 MG
- Injection site reactions
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Lines 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop diarrhoea after starting Lines Injection (or even after completing the treatment) as this may lead to life threatening condition (Clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea)
- You develop any allergic reaction after starting this injection
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You have any problem related to your stomach or gut
- You have breathing problems
- You have a history of allergies
Mode of Action of Lines 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lines 300 MG
- Lines Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Lines 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lines Injection works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant administration of Lines Injection with medicines like succinylcholine, atracurium, vecuronium should be avoided as it may add on to its effects.
Storage and disposal of Lines 300 MG
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets