Levipil 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levipil tablet is an anti-epileptic medication and is used in the treatment of different forms of epilepsy commonly known as seizures or fits. It contains Levetiracetam as its active ingredient. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in worsening the disease condition. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Levipil tablet....
|You Save||₹23.89 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Seizures or fits|
|Side effects||Headache, cold, dizziness, agitation, nausea, feeling angry|
Check more medicines with composition as Levetiracetam(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Levipil 500 MG
Levipil tablet is used to treat various kinds of epileptic seizures like partial seizures or focal seizures (affecting a part of the brain), myoclonic seizures (resulting in jerky movement of muscles) and generalized tonic-clonic seizures (resulting in muscle stiffness and loss of consciousness)....
Contraindications of Levipil 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Levetiracetam or any ingredients of Levipil tablet.
- If you have kidney-related problems.
- If you have a history of brain-related abnormal behaviours such as hallucinations or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have a psychiatric disorder such as depression, loss of reality and personality.
- If you have an abnormal blood cell count.
Side effects of Levipil 500 MG
- Feeling angry
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Levipil 500 MG
Can I take Levipil tablet during pregnancy?
Levipil tablet should only be taken during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor. Inform your physician even if you are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Levipil tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to take Levipil tablet while breastfeeding. If Levipil tablet is prescribed by your doctor, monitor your baby for sleepiness, developmental milestones and weight gain.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levipil tablet?
Levipil tablet may sometimes cause drowsiness. You are advised to not drive if you feel drowsy.
Can I consume alcohol with Levipil tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Levipil tablet as it can result in side effects like sleepiness, feeling faint and impaired thinking, concentration and judgement.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or are undergoing treatment for kidney disease.
- You have suicidal tendencies or brain-related disorders.
- You are on hemodialysis or any history of blood disorders.
- You have any surgical or medical history or ongoing medication, including herbals and nutritional supplements.
Mode of Action of Levipil 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Nerve cells pass information to each other through electrical signals and chemicals called neurotransmitters. Epilepsy happens when there is an abnormal activity among the neurotransmitters. It is assumed that Levipil tablet binds itself to a protein involved in producing neurotransmitters and thereby slows down the abnormal activity in nerve cells. The exact mechanism is unknown....
Directions for Use of Levipil 500 MG
- Levipil tablet need not be taken along with meals.
- Take Levipil tablet whole, with water and as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it at the same time each day.
- Do not stop Levipil tablet dosage without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Levipil 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Levipil tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Levipil tablet should be used with caution along with Acetaminophen (used to treat pain/fever), Naloxone (an antidote for opioid overdose), Propoxyphene (a pain reliever), Aspirin (used for pain, fever), Caffeine (used for stimulation), Buprenorphine (used to treat addiction to opioids), Methotrexate (used for cancer), Sodium Oxybate (used to treat sleeping disorders)....
Storage and disposal of Levipil 500 MG
- Store Levipil tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levipil 500 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Levipil tablet include sleepiness, anger, anxiety, breathing difficulty, semi-consciousness. Inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital in case of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Levipil tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it safe to use Levipil 500 tablet in children below the age of 4 years?
A: No, the safe usage of Levipil 500 tablet by young children has not been established yet.
Q: Can I stop taking Levipil 500 tablet if I feel good?
A: Never stop medication yourself. Immediate withdrawal can have undesirable effects. Consult your doctor, who will decrease the Levipil 500 tablet dosage gradually.
Q: Is Levipil and Levetiracetam same?
A: Yes, Levipil 500 tablet contains Levetiracetam as its main ingredient.
Q: Does Levipil cause hair loss?
A: No, such side effects are not yet reported with the use of Levipil.
Q: How long should Levipil be taken?
A: Levipil should be taken for as long as the doctor has advised you. The dose and duration depend on the type of fits disorder and its severity. It should not be stopped until your doctor advises so.
Q: Is Levipil 500 tablet safe for the elderly?
A: Caution is advised while giving this medicine to people older than 65, as their kidneys usually don't work as good as before. Seniors may be more sensitive to the side effects of this medicine, like sleepiness or dizziness. Due to this, they are at greater risk of injury from falls or other accidents.
Q: Can we take the Levipil without food?
A: Levipil can be taken with or without food, as told by the doctor. But it's important to take it at the same time every day to get the most benefits from it.
Q: What is Levipil 500 tablet used for?
A: Levipil 500 tablet is used to treat various kinds of epileptic seizures like partial seizures or focal seizures (affecting a part of the brain), myoclonic seizures (resulting in jerky movement of muscles) and generalized tonic-clonic seizures (resulting in muscle stiffness and loss of consciousness).
Q: Is Levipil 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Levipil 500 tablet is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-epileptic medicine containing levetiracetam as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of different forms of epilepsy commonly known as seizures or fits. It
Q: How can I reduce taking Levipil?
A: No, this medicine should not be immediately stopped after relieving the symptoms. Gradual weening of the medication should be done to avoid adverse effects.
Q: What is the composition of Levipil 500?
A: Levipil 500 composition consists of levetiracetam as its active ingredient, which is an anti-epileptic medication. It is used in the treatment of different forms of epilepsy, commonly known as seizures or fits.
Q: What are the side effects of Levipil 500?
A: Headache, dizziness, irritation, nausea, vomiting and mood swings are a few common side effects of this medicine. Although, not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
- Levetiracetam [Internet]. Epilepsy Foundation. 2021 [cited 17 December 2021]
- Keppra 500 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 December 2021]
- KEPPRA (Levetiracetam), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 17 December 2021]
- CDSCO - Levetiracetam [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 December 2021]
- Keppra 500 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 December 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.