Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains Levetiracetam as an active ingredient. It is an antiepileptic medicine used in the prevention and treatment of seizures known as fits. Take this medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration. You should not take this medicine if you have any known allergy to any of the components of this medicine. Before starting with Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets, inform your doctor about all other medicines, you are consuming, including herbal and over-the-counter. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Also, if you feel any side effects or there is no improvement in your condition, then immediately inform your doctor.
Uses of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used to treat and prevent seizures or fits in patients above 16 years.
Contraindications of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you are allergic to Levetiracetam or any other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Headache, fatigue, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting,
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Respiratory infection, cold, cough
- Appetite lost, lack of energy
- Depression, aggression, irritation
- Nervousness, anxiety
- Rash, swelling, itching
- Shaking, fits, unable to balance
Precautions and Warnings of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine may cause harmful effects in unborn baby, thus it should be avoided. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. This medicine should not be suddenly discontinued as it may cause serious harm to pregnant women and the unborn baby. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Contents of this medicine pass into human milk. Hence, it is not recommended during breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is,needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
This medicine can make you dizzy and feel sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but avoid consuming alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney
- You have any psychiatric illness
- You have abnormal or suicidal thoughts, aggression, irritation
- You have problems with growth or puberty
Mode of Action of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Levetiracetam works by attaching to a protein in the body, thus inhibiting the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain and preventing the spread of electrical signals that cause fits.
Directions for Use of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated, recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations you are taking.read less
- Be cautious when Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets taken along with Methotrexate, a medicine used in cancer treatment.
- You should not take laxative medicines such as Macrogol one hour before and one hour after taking Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets at room temperature, protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Dosage of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets may include sleepiness, anxiety, nervousness, aggression, decreased alertness, difficulty breathing and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of this medicine as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop the medication on my own, if I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of seizures. Instead, consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your condition.
Q: Is Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets safe to use?
- Yes, Levesam 500mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may show allergic reactions. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of it, pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, avoid driving and handling any machinery if you feel any side effects such as sleepiness or dizziness.read less
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 08:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved