Keppra 500mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Keppra Tablet is an anti-epileptic medication containing Levetiracetam. It is used in the treatment of different forms of epilepsy commonly known as seizure or fits. Take this medicine as prescribed a
nd for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Some common side effects of Keppra Tablet are headache, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite. Most of them are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
Uses of Keppra 500mg Tablet
Keppra Tablet is used to treat various kinds of epileptic seizures like partial seizures or focal seizures (affecting a part of the brain), myoclonic seizures (resulting in jerky movement of muscles)
and generalized tonic-clonic seizures (resulting in muscle stiffness and loss of consciousness)....
Contraindications of Keppra 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levetiracetam or any ingredients of Keppra Tablet.
- If you have kidney-related problems.
- If you have a history of brain-related abnormal behaviours such as hallucinations or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have a psychiatric disorder such as depression, loss of reality and personality.
- If you have an abnormal blood cell count.
Side effects of Keppra 500mg Tablet
- Feeling angry
- Loss of appetite
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Keppra 500mg Tablet
Can I take Keppra Tablet during pregnancy?
Keppra Tablet should only be taken during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor. Inform your physician even if you are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Keppra Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advisable to take Keppra Tablet while breastfeeding. If Keppra Tablet is prescribed by your doctor, monitor your baby for sleepiness, developmental milestones and weight gain.
Can I drive if I have consumed Keppra Tablet?
Keppra Tablet may sometimes cause drowsiness. You are advised to not drive if you feel drowsy.
Can I consume alcohol with Keppra Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Keppra Tablet as it can result in side effects like sleepiness, feeling faint and impaired thinking, concentration and judgement.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or are undergoing treatment for kidney disease.
- You have suicidal tendencies or brain-related disorders.
- You are on hemodialysis or any history of blood disorders.
- You have any surgical or medical history or ongoing medication, including herbals and nutritional supplements.
Mode of Action of Keppra 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Nerve cells pass information to each other through electrical signals and chemicals called neurotransmitters. Epilepsy happens when there is an abnormal activity among the neurotransmitters. It is ass
umed that Keppra Tablet binds itself to a protein involved in producing neurotransmitters and thereby slows down the abnormal activity in nerve cells. The exact mechanism is unknown....
Directions for Use of Keppra 500mg Tablet
- Keppra Tablet need not be taken along with meals.
- Take Keppra Tablet whole, with water and as prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it at the same time each day.
- Do not stop Keppra Tablet dosage without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Keppra 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Keppra Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have aplanned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Keppra Tablet should be used with caution along with Acetaminophen (used to treat pain/fever), Naloxone (an antidote for opioid overdose), Propoxyphene (a pain reliever), Aspirin (used for pain, fever), Caffeine (used for stimulation), Buprenorphine (used to treat addiction to opioids), Methotrexate (used for cancer), Sodium Oxybate (used to treat sleeping disorders)....Read more
Storage and disposal of Keppra 500mg Tablet
- Store Keppra Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Keppra 500mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Keppra Tablet include sleepiness, anger, anxiety, breathing difficulty, semi-consciousness and sometimes the patient can even go into a coma. Inform your doctor or reach out to
the nearest hospital in case of overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compen
sate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Keppra Tablet contain?
A: It contains an antiepileptic medicine Levetiracetam.
Q: Is it safe to use Keppra Tablet in children below the age of 4 years?
A: No, the safe usage of this medicine by young children has not been established yet.
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Keppra Tablet?
A: Never stop medication yourself. Immediate withdrawal can have undesirable effects. Consult your doctor, who will decrease the Keppra Tablet dosage gradually.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 05:37 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved