By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levera Injection contains levetiracetam as its active ingredient. It is an antiepileptic medicine. Levera Injection is mainly used as a medicine to treat epilepsy or convulsions. Epilepsy is a condition of brain-related disorder that is characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing fits or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy, anxiety and loss of consciousness. Levera Injection is also used to control and prevent fits or seizures during and after brain surgery. Levera Injection will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the treatment.
Uses of Levera Injection
- Levera Injection is used to treat and prevent various types of seizures in adults and children.
Contraindications of Levera Injection
- If you are allergic to levetiracetam and any other ingredient of this injection.
Side effects of Levera Injection
- Infection in the nose
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Levera Injection
Can I take the Levera Injection during pregnancy?
This medicine can be harmful to your unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you become pregnant during the treatment, inform your doctor immediately. As it can cause harm to the foetus and may also lead to birth defects.
Can I take the Levera Injection while breastfeeding?
- It is not recommended to a nursing mother, as it passes into the breastmilk. However, the doctor may prescribe this medicine to a nursing mother if it has more advantages than risks.
- The doctor may recommend the lowest effective dose.
Can I drive if I have taken the Levera Injection?
Do not drive when you are on treatment with this medicine, as it can induce drowsiness and dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Levera Injection?
Alcohol can potentiate the harmful effects of this medicine. It is advisable not to combine both of them.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney-related problems.
- There are chances of decreased growth in adolescents.
- You may have suicidal thoughts of harming or killing yourself.
- You may experience dizziness or tiredness. So better do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel alert and active.
- The treatment should be stopped gradually not abruptly otherwise it can lead to breakthrough fits/seizures with serious consequences.
Mode of Action of Levera Injection
How Does It Work?
Levetiracetam works by restricting the repeated signal transmission of the nerves to the brain. In turn, it will stop involuntary movements. It helps in reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Directions for Use of Levera Injection
- Levera Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Levera Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Levera Injection may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how it works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate.read less
Storage and disposal of Levera Injection
Store Levera Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Levera Injection
- This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of Levera Injection. If you experience symptoms like aggression, unconsciousness, restlessness, breathing problem, etc. or any discomforts right after taking this injection, seek medical help.read less
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when this injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Levera Injection used for?
A: Levera Injection is used for the treatment of epilepsy also known as a seizure disorder. It is also used to prevent and control seizures during and after the neurological procedure.
Q: What should I do if there are side effects?
- Inform your doctor or tell your concerns to your community pharmacists, so that side effects do not turn worse.
Q: What are the most frequent adverse reactions of the medicine?
- Inflammation of the nose and pharynx
Q: Can Levera Injection be given to children less than 16 years?
A: It is contraindicated in children below sixteen years of age.
Q: What are the seizures? How long does a seizure usually last?
A: Seizures/Fits is a brain-related disorder characterised by abnormal brain activity, causing seizures or periods of unusual behaviour, feeling fuzzy and sometimes loss of consciousness. A seizure would last for about a few seconds to a few minutes usually, however, it also depends on the type of seizure.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Mar 2021 | 07:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved