Level 500mg Tablet
By ANDIC LIFESCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
- Levofloxacin belongs to the group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolone
- It is an antibacterial agent which is used to treat bacterial infections
Uses of Level 500mg Tab
- Levofloxacin is used in the treatment of different type of pneumonia such as (hospital acquired and community acquired)
- Respiratory tract infection (Bronchitis)
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection (Cystitis)
- Infection caused by Anthrax (Inhalation Anthrax)
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Prostate gland infection
Contraindications of Level 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Level 500mg Tab
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased liver enzyme
Precautions and Warnings of Level 500mg Tab
Can I take Level 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Do not take Level 500mg Tab if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are
- planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Level 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is not known if Level 500mg Tab can pass into human breast milk, however fluoroquinolones can pass into human breast milk and harm your child
- Hence breast-feeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for another rmedicine
Can I drive if I have consumed Level 500mg Tab?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Level 500mg Tab?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above
- You have diabetes
- You have history of fits
- You have any brain injury
- You have heart diseases, history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance
- You have kidney diseases
- You have liver diseases
- You have mental health problems
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and breathing difficulty
Mode of Action of Level 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing bacterial growth caused by specific enzymes like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication
Directions for Use of Level 500mg Tab
Swallow this medicine whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Level 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines known as corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling
- Medicines uesd as blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline
- Medicines used as painkillers like aspirin, ibruprofen, fenbufen, ketoprofen and indomethacin
- Medicines used after organ transplants like ciclosporin
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, hydroquinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide
- Medicines used to treat depression like imipramine, amitriptyline
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate, cimentidine, probenicid
- Medicine used to treat HIV infections like didanosine
- Medicines or diatery supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicineread less
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can be taken with or without food
- Avoid taking this medicine with orange juice
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior or after having any product that contains iron
Storage and disposal of Level 500mg Tab
- Store Level 500mg Tab at room temperature
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Level 500mg Tab
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this
A: This medicine can interact with other drugs hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon, or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise; and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same to your doctor.read less
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately
- Have plenty of water
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from disease?
A: No, do not stop taking medicine in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved