Leunase 5000iu Injection
Leunase 5000 IU Description
Leunase Injection is an anticancer medicine. It is used to treat certain types of white blood cell cancer and bone marrow. It is also used to treat cancer of lymph nodes. Leunase contains L-Asparagin
ase as the active ingredient. L-Asparaginase in Injection will interfere with the cell growth of cancer cells and thus stop their growth. Leunase Injection will be given to you by your doctor or nurse at the hospital or clinic setup.
Uses of Leunase 5000 IU
Contraindications of Leunase 5000 IU
- If you are allergic to L-Asparaginase or any other ingredient of Leunase Injection.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have or had a history of inflammation of pancreas or bleeding from the pancreas after taking this medicine.
Side effects of Leunase 5000 IU
- Weight loss
Precautions and Warnings of Leunase 5000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any allergic reaction after taking Leunase Injection.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You develop any kind of infection.
- You are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- You have or are going to take any live vaccine.
- You have any clot in the brain, lungs, blood, etc.
Mode of Action of Leunase 5000 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Leunase 5000 IU
- Leunase Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any after-care instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Leunase 5000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Leunase Injection works or Leunase itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are on any other cancer medicine and steroids.
Storage and disposal of Leunase 5000 IU
- Store Leunase Injection at room temperature in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.