Letiz 5mg Tablet
By ZIEL PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Letiz Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its active medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Letiz Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
Uses of Letiz 5mg Tablet
- Letiz Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Letiz 5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Letiz Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Letiz 5mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Letiz 5mg Tablet
Can I take Letiz Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Letiz Tablet in pregnant women. Hence, it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
Can I take Letiz Tablet while breastfeeding?
Contents of Letiz Tablet pass into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Letiz Tablet?
Caution is advised as taking Letiz Tablet may lead to drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion. Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with Letiz Tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause an additional reduction in alertness and impairment of performance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Letiz 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Letiz Tablet works by blocking the action of histamine and relieves allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Letiz 5mg Tablet
- Take Letiz Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Letiz 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Letiz Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Letiz Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Letiz 5mg Tablet
- Store Letiz Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Letiz 5mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, rash or severe allergic reactions. If this happens to you, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of Letiz Tablet as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose and avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Letiz Tablet to work?
A: You can see the improvement within an hour of taking Letiz Tablet. However, it may take some time to notice the full benefits.
Q: Does Letiz Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
A: Yes, Letiz Tablet can make you tired, sleepy and weak.
Q: How long should I continue taking Letiz Tablet?
A: The duration of the medicine depends upon the condition for which you are taking Letiz Tablet. You may have to take this medicine for a longer duration if you are using it to treat symptoms of chronic urticaria or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). Consult with your doctor if you are not sure about the duration of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take Letiz Tablet along with paracetamol?
A: Yes, Letiz Tablet can be taken along with paracetamol as no interaction is found between these two. Consult your doctor before taking it.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved