Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lamitor DT 25 tablet is an anticonvulsant medication that is used in treating epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as its active ingredient that acts by decreasing the abnormal impul
ses from the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing mood swings. Always consult your doctor before starting this medication as high doses of this medicine may trigger serious life-threatening skin rash. It is recommended not to suddenly stop the medicine as it may trigger and increase the frequency of fits. It is not recommended in women who are pregnant or are lactating....
Uses of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
Lamitor DT 25 tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
If you are allergic to the active component lamotrigine or any other ingredients in the tablet.
Side effects of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
- Back pain and joint pain
- Lack of sleep
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
Can I take Lamitor DT 25 tablet during pregnancy?
Lamitor DT 25 tablet is not advised during pregnancy as it may harm the developing baby. Consult your doctor before using the medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Lamitor DT 25 tablet while breastfeeding?
The active ingredient Lamotrigine is known to pass into the breastmilk and thus may also reach the newborn, which may alter its response. Thus, it is not recommended to take this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lamitor DT 25 tablet?
No, it is not advised to drive while taking Lamitor DT 25 tablet as this medicine is known to cause dizziness, drowsiness, blurred and/or double vision, irritability and uncontrolled body movement that may interfere with your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Lamitor DT 25 tablet?
No, as alcohol is known to have a tranquillizing effect on the brain and nervous system, consuming alcohol while taking Lamitor DT 25 tablet may add to the dizziness, drowsiness, blurred and/or double vision, irritability and uncontrolled body movements caused by this medicine which may alter your physical and mental response affecting your thinking and judgment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have observed any rashes after taking the Lamitor Dt Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- You have any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition - Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
- You have or you had any medical history and are taking any medications on regular basis.
Mode of Action of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient, Lamotrigine blocks the specific receptors in the brain that inhibits the nerve impulses which trigger the fits (seizures). This medicine also helps in reducing the symptoms foll
owing the fits like uncontrolled shaky movements, confusion and loss of consciousness....
Directions for Use of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
- Take this medicine in the correct dosage as directed by your doctor.
- Disperse tablets may be taken as a whole or by dissolving the tablet in 1 teaspoon of water for 1 minute.
- Do not exceed the dose more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- It would be best to take this medicine at a fixed time.
Interactions of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lamitor Dt tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
- Store Lamitor DT 25 tablet at room temperature (10-30°C) in a dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Lamitor Dt 25mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include lack of coordination, rapid or uncontrollable eye movements, unconsciousness, fits or coma. . If you have taken too much of Lamitor DT 25 tablet then contact your docto
r or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take
a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Lamitor DT 25 tablet cause weight gain?
A: No, Studies have revealed Lamitor DT 25 tablet to cause weight loss. But every individual is different physiologically and in his/her medical conditions, thus avoid self-medication.
Q: What kind of medicine is Lamitor DT 25 tablet?
A: Lamitor DT 25 tablet belongs to the class of medicines known as anti-epileptic, which are used in the treatment of fits and to prevent /reduce extreme mood swings (bipolar disorder). It is highly recommended that you avoid self-medication.
Q: What does DT stand for in Lamitor DT 25 tablet mg?
A: DT stands for disperse tablets, which are generally advised to be taken by dissolving it in water.
Q: Can I take oral contraceptive pills while I am on Lamitor DT 25 tablet?
A: The active ingredient in Lamitor DT 25 tablet is known to reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptive pills/hormonal replacement therapy. Thus, it is recommended to consult your doctor and avoid self-medication.
- Lamotrigine. CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 31 July 2021]
- Lamotrigine Mylan 100 mg Dispersible Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Lamotrigine Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Lamotrigine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
- Lamotrigine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Aug 2021 | 07:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved