Kersol C Lotion 30ml
Kersol C Lotion 30ml Description
Kersol C Lotion is a combination of clobetasol and salicylic acid as active ingredient. Clobetasol is a steroid and salicylic acid is an antiseptic. It can soften the hard layer of skin. Kersol C is
used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (Impetigo), skin damage (Lesions) and red scaly patches (Psoriasis). This Lotion should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
|Contains||Clobetasol Propionate(0.05 %W/V) + Salicylic Acid(3.0 %W/V)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching at the application site|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
- Niosalic Bottle Of 50ml LotionBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd50ml Lotion in BottleMRP 139.00₹ 118.15₹
- Cosvate S Lotion 30mlBy Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd30ml Lotion in BottleMRP 172.77₹ 146.85₹
Uses of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
Contraindications of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, salicylic acid or any other ingredient of Kersol C Lotion.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- Kersol C Lotion is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine or steroid.
- You experience sudden weight gain, purple stretch marks on arms, breast or stomach, thinning of the skin (Cushing's syndrome).
- You should not use this Lotion on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- You are experiencing irritation, dryness, sensitivity on the skin after applying this Lotion, discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this Lotion.
Mode of Action of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Clobetasol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of a chemical substance that is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
Directions for Use of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
- Use Kersol C Lotion as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Kersol C Lotion, unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Kersol C Lotion is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection. Do not apply any other topical medicine in the area where Kersol C Lotion is applied.
Storage and disposal of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
- Store Kersol C Lotion below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Kersol C Lotion 30ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Kersol C Lotion?
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after applying Kersol C Lotion?
- ClobaDerm 500micrograms/g Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Medisalic Ointment [Internet]. Torque Pharma. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]