Iycotic 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By BRITISH BIOLOGICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Iycotic 200 MG Description
Iycotic Tablet is an anti-fungal medicine containing Ketoconazole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating serious fungal infections. Iycotic should only be used when other medicines have not
been effective in treating the infection. Take Iycotic Tablet as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed for by your doctor. Do not use it if you have fungal nail infections.
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Iycotic 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ketogime 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.5031.2% CHEAPER₹ 11.05/Tablet
- Ketocip 200mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 200.20₹ 160.160.25% CHEAPER₹ 16.02/Tablet
- Ketofly 200mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 144.5010.02% CHEAPER₹ 14.45/Tablet
- Ketovate 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Bal Pharma Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 332.00₹ 282.20₹ 28.22/Tablet
- Caspino 200mg Tablet 10'sBy Mlt Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 111.8030.39% CHEAPER₹ 11.18/Tablet
- Myket 200mg TabletBy Kivi Labs Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.00₹ 128.4819.99% CHEAPER₹ 12.85/Tablet
- Hyphoral TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 384.55₹ 326.87₹ 32.69/Tablet
- Kenz 200mg TabletBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 178.50₹ 17.85/Tablet
Uses of Iycotic 200 MG
Iycotic Tablet is used for the treatment of serious fungal infections in the body; when other medicines have not been effective enough.
Contraindications of Iycotic 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other ingredients of Iycotic Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any other similar medicines (an antifungal medicine).
- If you are suffering from any liver problems.
- If you are suffering from heart problems like irregular heartbeats and are on medications (like quinidine, pimozide, cisapride, etc) for the same.
- If you are taking medicines like simvastatin (used to lower blood cholesterol), ergotamine (used in migraine attacks), eplerenone (used in heart problems), midazolam (used in psychiatric illness).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Iycotic 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Iycotic 200 MG
Can I take Iycotic Tablet during pregnancy?
- Iycotic Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Iycotic Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Iycotic Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding as Ketoconazole passes into breastmilk.
- It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Iycotic Tablet?
Iycotic Tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Iycotic Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol while on treatment with Iycotic Tablet. Thus, you should strictly avoid alcohol intake.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You or any of your family member has any heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, congenital long QT syndrome.
- You have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have a condition called adrenal insufficiency.
- You have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol.
- You suffer from an autoimmune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc.
- Iycotic Tablet is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Iycotic 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole in Iycotic Tablet works by interfering with the cell membranes of fungi, stopping their growth and eventually causing their death.
Directions for Use of Iycotic 200 MG
- Iycotic Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It may be taken with your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Iycotic 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Iycotic Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Iycotic Tablet should not be concomitantly used along with some medicines that lower your blood cholesterol (like simvastatin), some medicines that are used to treat your heart problems (like eplerenone, felodipine), medicines that are used to treat your mental health problems (like quetiapine, sertindole). ...
- Iycotic Tablet should also not be used simultaneously along with medicines used for the allergies (like mizolastine), medicines used in migraine attacks (like ergometrine, ergotamine), medicines used in cancer (everolimus), medicines used to treat HIV infection (like saquinavir/ritonavir, saquinavir), medicines used in kidney problems (like colchicine, fesoterodine), medicines used in treating your infections (like clarithromycin)....
- Avoid taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Keep a gap of at least 2 hours after taking antacids or other medicines to treat acid indigestion like aluminium hydroxide and this medicine.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with Iycotic Tablet can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, it should be cautiously used.
Storage and disposal of Iycotic 200 MG
- Store Iycotic Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Iycotic 200 MG
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much Iycotic Tablets.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Iycotic Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Iycotic Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Iycotic Tablet is an antifungal medicine used to treat various fungal infections.
- Ketoconazole HRA 200mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole HRA 200mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- NIZORAL® Tablet [Internet]. Fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 6 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed