Intacaine 2% Jelly 30gm
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD GX
30g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Intacaine 2 %W/V Description
Intacaine Gel is a local anaesthetic medicine. It is used to make the applied area of the body numb for a short duration of time. It Gel contains lidocaine as an active ingredient. It facilitates the
insertion of various medical and imaging instruments in the body by acting as a lubricant too. It should be applied in a dose and for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is to be applied externally. Avoid the contact of this Gel with the eye. Do not overapply with this Gel. Wash your hands after applying Intacaine Gel. Do not apply it anywhere else, other than for the prescribed conditions.
Uses of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- Intacaine Gel is used as a local anaesthetic. It is also used to relieve pain during medical procedures involving the insertion of a tube in the urinary tract.
- It is applied on inner surfaces of the mouth, throat or nose to ease the insertion of tubes or other medical equipments.
Contraindications of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- If you are allergic to lidocaine or any other ingredients of Intacaine Gel.
- If you are allergic to any other local anesthetic agent (amide-type).
Side effects of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- Burning Sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Intacaine 2 %W/V
Can I use Intacaine Gel during pregnancy?
Intacaine Gel is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. This medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Intacaine Gel while breastfeeding?
Intacaine Gel should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have applied Intacaine Gel?
Intacaine Gel is to be applied externally, thus unlikely to affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Intacaine Gel?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, then discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after the use of this medicine. You are suffering from any serious health issue....
- You should discuss your complete medical history and ongoing medications with your doctor before using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Intacaine 2 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Intacaine Gel contains Lidocaine, which acts on nerves and blocks the conduction of pain sensations for a short duration of time and also acts as a lubricant to allow a minor treatment or (diagnostic) imaging procedure to happen with lesser discomfort....
Directions for Use of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Intacaine 2 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- Store at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Intacaine 2 %W/V
- As Intacaine Gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Intacaine Gel, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Intacaine Gel to work?
A: Intacaine Gel will start making your skin numb after 3 to 5 minutes of application. The duration may vary slightly depending upon the area of the body where it is applied.
Q: Can I use Intacaine Gel for treating premature ejaculation?
- You may use Intacaine Gel to help temporarily with the problem of premature ejaculation after consulting your doctor and taking the consent of your partner.
Q: Can I use Intacaine Gel for treating oral ulcers?
A: Intacaine Gel will not treat your oral ulcers but will offer temporary relief in pain after application. You may consult your doctor and use some ulcer healing medicines as well for faster recovery.
Q: Can I use Intacaine Gel for piles?
A: You may use Intacaine Gel on piles to get some relief in pain temporarily. Consult your doctor to get proper treatment for this.
Q: Is there any side effect of the long term use of Intacaine Gel?
A: If you use this Gel for a long time, there's a chance of your skin becoming sensitive to lidocaine. So, it is advised to use it for a specific duration only prescribed by the doctor.
Q: How many times a day should I apply Intacaine Gel?
A: Use it exactly as advised by the doctor. The frequency of using this Gel will be depending on the patient's condition. Do not use it for longer than prescribed.
Q: Why is Intacaine Gel used?
A: Intacaine Gel is used as a local anaesthetic. It is also used to relieve pain during medical procedures involving the insertion of a tube in the urinary tract. It is applied on the inner surfaces of the mouth, throat or nose to ease the insertion of tubes or other medical equipment's.
Q: How fast does Intacaine work?
A: Intacaine Gel shows its effects within 3-5 minutes, after its application. It is usually not effective when applied to intact skin.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed