Ictacetam 250mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ictacetam 250 MG Description
Ictacetam Tablet contains Levetiracetam. It is used to treat epilepsy (fits). It can be used on its own or in combination with other medications. It works to prevent seizures as long as you keep taki
ng it. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹8.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Somnolence, asthenia, infection, dizziness, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Levetiracetam(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Ictacetam 250 MG
For the treatment of epilepsy (fits)
Contraindications of Ictacetam 250 MG
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of Ictacetam Tablets
Side effects of Ictacetam 250 MG
- Lack of energy
- Nasal congestion
- Decreased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Ictacetam 250 MG
Can I take Ictacetam Tablet during pregnancy?
Your doctor might prescribe Ictacetam Tablet after a careful assessment if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. However, you must not consume this without consulting a doctor.
Can I take Ictacetam Tablet while breastfeeding?
Levetiracetam is excreted in human milk. Because Ictacetam Tablet have the potential to produce major adverse effects in nursing infants, you must not take this tablet while you breast feed.
Can I drive if I have taken Ictacetam Tablet?
You should not drive as Ictacetam Tablet can make you feel sleepy.
Can I consume alcohol with Ictacetam Tablet?
No, do not use consume alcohol with Ictacetam Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems
- You have signs and symptoms of depression
- You or your family has a history of irregular heartbeats
- You have suicidal thoughts
- Your epilepsy worsens
Mode of Action of Ictacetam 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Ictacetam Tablet is used to treat epilepsy. It works by attaching to certain sites (SV2A) on nerve cell surfaces. This stops the spread of electrical signals that cause seizures by suppressing aberrant nerve cell activity in the brain....
Directions for Use of Ictacetam 250 MG
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of this medication
- Take the tablet all in at once
- Ictacetam Tablet should not be chewed, crushed, or broken
- Ictacetam Tablet can be taken with or without food
- Take it at the same time every day
Interactions of Ictacetam 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ictacetam Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- It has been observed that taking levetiracetam and methotrexate together reduces methotrexate clearance, resulting in higher/longer blood methotrexate concentrations that are potentially hazardous.
- Co-administration of levetiracetam and a laxative called macrogol may decrease the efficacy of levetiracetam. Hence, use macrogol one hour before or after using levetiracetam.
Storage and disposal of Ictacetam 250 MG
- Keep Ictacetam Tablet out of children's sight and reach
- Do not use Ictacetam Tablet after expiry date
- Store at 25 degrees Celsius
Dosage of Ictacetam 250 MG
Overdose of Ictacetam Tablet may cause sleepiness, irritability, hostility, decreased awareness, respiratory inhibition, and coma. If you took more tablets than you should have, see your doctor. Your doctor will choose the appropriate course of action in the event of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
Take Ictacetam Tablet as soon as you remember if you miss a dose. However, if your next dose is approaching, skip the missing dose and return to your regular schedule. Do not take two doses.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Ictacetam Tablet if I have liver problems?
A: You can use Ictacetam Tablet during liver problems if your doctor has prescribed it.
Q: Can I use other brand instead of Ictacetam Tablet?
A: No, stick to the same brand as the dose of the medicine may differ among different brands. There are substitutes available; however, you should consult a doctor first.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed