Heptidin 2mg Tablet
By UNISON PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Heptidin 2 MG Description
Heptidin Tablet contains cyproheptadine that belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. It is used to treat different types of allergic reactions. Inform the doctor if you are preg
nant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the medicine.
|You Save||₹1.41 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyproheptadine(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Heptidin 2 MG
Heptidin Tablet is used to treat allergic reactions.
Contraindications of Heptidin 2 MG
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine or other ingredients of Heptidin Tablet.
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked.
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to growth of the prostate gland).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
- If you are taking medicines like selegiline, phenelzine.
- If you have other allergies.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Heptidin 2 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Heptidin 2 MG
Can I take Heptidin Tablet during pregnancy?
You must consult the doctor before using the Heptidin Tablet as there is little information about its safety during pregnancy. The doctor prescribes you the medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Heptidin Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if cyproheptadine passes into human milk, avoid it while breastfeeding. Consult the doctor before using the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Heptidin Tablet?
The medicine may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Heptidin Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Heptidin Tablet, as it may increase the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart diseases, high blood pressure.
- You have bronchial asthma, thyroid.
- You have increased pressure inside the eye.
- You have problems with the kidney, stomach or intestines.
- You suffer difficulty in urinating due to expanded prostate gland (occurs in men).
- You are above 60 years, as elderly patients may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness and trouble breathing.
- Heptidin Tablet, when given to children, may cause excitation. You must be careful while giving the medicine to young children.
Mode of Action of Heptidin 2 MG
How Does It Work?
The body produces natural substances named histamine and serotonin during an allergic reaction. Cyproheptadine blocks the release of histamine and serotonin, thus aids to provide relief from allergic conditions....
Directions for Use of Heptidin 2 MG
- Take as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at the same time every day for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor
Interactions of Heptidin 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Heptidin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder. Avoid using the medicine with other anti-allergic medications applied to the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects....
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as the medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Heptidin 2 MG
- Store below 25°C at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Heptidin 2 MG
- An overdose of the medicine may cause sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, shaking, fits, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed or widened pupils, redness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation....
- In addition to the above symptoms, an overdose of the medicine may cause trouble in breathing, heart failure in newborn or young babies.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking a dose of Heptidin Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What must I let my healthcare expert know before taking the medicine?
- Discuss with the doctor the detailed medical and surgical history.
- Discuss with the doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Discuss with the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- It may interact with other medicines, inform the doctor if you are taking other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Discuss with the doctor if you are stopping the medicine.
Q: Is Heptidin Tablet addictive?
A: No, Heptidin Tablet is not addictive. It is used as per dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I take Heptidin Tablet for weight gain?
A: No, Heptidin Tablet is not to be used for weight gain. This capsule is used to treat allergic conditions such as a runny or stuffed nose, watery eye, skin rash, etc.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed