Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gudcef Plus tablet is a combination of antibiotic medicines, namely - cefpodoxime and ofloxacin. It is used to treat various bacterial infections in adults. Gudcef Plus tablet works by its dual mechan
ism of action, Ofloxacin interferes with the DNA synthesis of bacteria whereas, Cefpodoxime inhibits the cell wall synthesis of the bacterial cell. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor, do not stop your own if you feel better. Always complete the course of this medicine. Inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are consuming before starting with Gudcef Plus tablet....
Uses of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Gudcef Plus tablet is used to treat lower and upper respiratory tract infection like pneumonia, tuberculosis, asthma.
- It is used to treat typhoid fever in adults.
Contraindications of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergic reaction to the medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to any other antibiotics.
- If you have a history of fits or epilepsy or you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have problems related to tendons, like swelling or inflammation in the tendons.
- If you or your family have a history of a genetic condition that affects red blood cells (due to deficiency glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- As this medicine contains cefpodoxime and ofloxacin, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Peptic ulcers
- Swelling of feet, persistent fever or sore throat
- Pounding heartbeat, dark urine, change in the amount of urine
- Yellowing of skin
Precautions and Warnings of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Gudcef Plus tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use this medicine during pregnancy. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, then discontinue the medicine and inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Gudcef Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into breast milk and affects the health of the child. Therefore, do not breastfeed during the treatment. Your doctor may suggest to either discontinue the medicine or to discontinue the breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gudcef Plus tablet?
You might experience dizziness or sleepiness, visual disturbance, etc. after taking this medicine. In that case, avoid driving and using any machines or tools.
Can I consume alcohol with Gudcef Plus tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine as it can make you feel dizzier or more sleepy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of heart problems like irregular heart rhythm, rapid heartbeat.
- You have a history of an allergy to any medicines or any other antibiotics.
- You experience diarrhoea due to clostridium difficile.
- You have a history of brain disease or muscle weakness.
- You have a kidney or liver problem.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level or disturbance in vision.
Mode of Action of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ofloxacin inhibits the action of enzymes in bacteria responsible for DNA replication, repair and recombination and thus inhibits their growth.
- Cefpodoxime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis, which is essential for the survival of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor
- It should be taken with food
Interactions of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination....Read more
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen, Fenbufencan can increase the chance of fits.
- Other medicines that can interact with Gudcef Plus tablet are antacids such as Cimetidine, medicines used to treat gout such as Probenecid, water pill such as furosemide, blood thinner medicine such as warfarin, antibiotics such as clarithromycin and medicines used to treat psychiatric diseases such as lithium....Read more
Storage and disposal of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Gudcef Plus Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose may include fits, unconsciousness, dizziness or confusion. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: What does Gudcef Plus tablet contains?
A: Gudcef Plus tablet contains a combination of two antibiotic medicines, Ofloxacin and Cefpodoxime. This medicine is used to treat various bacterial infections.
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting with Gudcef Plus tablet
A: Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are taking, any other diseases you have and also inform them of any known allergies you are having.
- CDSCO. Cefpodoxime and Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Cefpodoxime: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Cefdox tablet [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Cefpodoxime (Oral Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
Last Updated on: 07 Sep 2021 | 09:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved