Gressami 100mg Tablet
Gressami 100 MG Description
Gressami tablets are prescription medications. They're used to manage schizophrenia. It is a psychotic disorder that changes one’s way of thinking, emotionally reacting and behaving in typical situat
ions. It has positive symptoms such as confusion and hallucination and negative symptoms like lack of facial expression and decreased speaking. Helping with all of them, especially negative symptoms, is the primary use of the Gressami tablet. Amisulpride is the main active ingredient of the Gressami tablet. The mode of action of the Gressami tablet is to block receptors and increase dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain. Both chemical messengers help calm the mood and stabilise the overactivity of the nerve cells in the brain. These tablets are not meant for treating children under the age of 18. Tremors, dizziness, vomiting, etc., are some of the side effects of Gressami tablets. It is vital to inform the treating doctor of any prescribed medicines being taken so they can check for any potential interactions and adverse effects. Also, inform the doctor if you suffer from other psychotic disorders or have any other history of health conditions.
|₹14.10 (15% on MRP)
|Indigestion, Blurred vision, Constipation, Nausea, Headache, Tremors, Dizziness, Tremors, Drowsiness, Anxiety, Inability to stay still, Increased saliva secretion, Raised prolactin levels.
Uses of Gressami 100 MG
- As per CDSCO, Gressami tablets are used to manage symptoms of acute and chronic schizophrenic disorders.
- It can manage both positive and negative symptoms however, it is mainly effective on those with negative symptoms.
Contraindications of Gressami 100 MG
- If you are allergic to the amisulpride ingredient of Gressami tablets.
- If you are already on other antipsychotic medications.
- If you have a family history of breast cancer or are diagnosed with breast cancer. Gressami tablets can increase prolactin (hormone) levels in the body.
- If you are taking Levodopa to treat Parkinson's disease (psychotic condition).
- If you have a tumour in your adrenal gland (a condition called pheochromocytoma), or if you have been diagnosed with a prolactin-dependent tumour.
- If you are planning for a pregnancy or currently expecting.
Side effects of Gressami 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Blurred or double vision
- Tremors or shaking
Precautions and Warnings of Gressami 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of mild liver or kidney condition.
- You have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner medication.
- You are using any medications like pain relievers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You are diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medications.
- You have a heart condition or had a stroke.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts and sudden mood changes.
- You use herbal or ayurvedic medicines or supplements.
- You are an older adult over the age of 65.
- You have diabetes. Try to monitor your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels.
Mode of Action of Gressami 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gressami 100 MG
- Try to take Gressami tablets precisely as prescribed by the doctor.
- Try not to surpass the dosage of Gressami tablets, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Take this medicine without trying to break or chew it.
- Try to take this medicine before eating food.
- Do not use it with other medications without notifying your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if its packaging has been already opened.
- Do not stop using this medication abruptly, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Gressami 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Using Gressami tablets along with Levodopa tablets used for Parkinson's disease is not recommended, as they have very opposite effects. This can exaggerate the symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Try to be cautious with the dosage of these tablets if you are using sedatives, heart medicines, antimalarial medicines, antihistamines (cetirizine), etc. They can interact with Gressami tablets and cause increased drowsiness....
- It is better not to take Gressami tablets if you use medicines like diuretics and laxatives that lower blood potassium levels; Gressami tablets can further lower potassium levels and cause adverse effects....
- It is not recommended to take Gressami tablets if you use medicines that lower heart rate.
- It is not recommended to take Gressami tablets if you are already using other antipsychotic, antidepressant, or anti-seizure medications; using Gressami tablets can cause severe adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- It’s better to eat simple food while using Gressami tablets. Try to avoid eating spicy food.
Storage and disposal of Gressami 100 MG
Dosage of Gressami 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I do if I have side effects for many weeks after taking Gressami tables?
Q: Is it possible for me to gain weight after using Gressami tablets?
Q: Can I use Gressami tablets if I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder?
- Amisulpride 50 mg Tablets [Internet]. Amisulpride 50 mg Tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (EMC). [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Amisulpride [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- Abbas AI, Hedlund PB, Huang X-P, Tran TB, Meltzer HY, Roth BL. Amisulpride Is a Potent 5-HT7 Antagonist: Relevance for Antidepressant Actions in Vivo [Internet]. Psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine. 2009 [cited 2022 Mar 14].
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 14].