Glycurb Forte Tablet
Glycurb Forte Tablet Description
Glycurb Forte Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glibenclamide (also called Glyburide) and Metformin. It is used in adults to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-
dependent diabetes mellitus). While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Glycurb Forte Tablet.
|You Save||₹1.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glibenclamide / Glyburide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, low blood sugar level|
- Glinil M TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.35₹ 25.08₹ 2.51/Tablet
- Diabetrol 500mg TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.20₹ 49.47₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Glucored Forte Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 51.00₹ 5.1/Tablet
Uses of Glycurb Forte Tablet
Contraindications of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to Glibenclamide, Metformin, or any other ingredients of Glycurb Forte Tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you are in a diabetic coma.
- If you are suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis (symptoms include fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness).
- If you are taking a medicine called bosentan to treat your high blood pressure.
Side effects of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Low blood sugar
- Blurred vision, headache, constipation, confusion, anxiety (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- Glycurb Forte Tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You have type 1 diabetes.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You consume alcohol regularly.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You are on insulin or any other sulfonylurea medicine.
- You are a woman who does not have periods regularly or at all (premenopausal), as Glycurb Forte Tablet can increase the chances of your pregnancy.
- You are above the age of 60 years.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Glycurb Forte Tablet is meant for use only in adults and should not be used in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Glycurb Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Glycurb Forte Tablet works by the combined action of both its components - Glibenclamide and Metformin.
- Glibenclamide works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing blood sugar.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver, and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- Glycurb Forte Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Glycurb Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glycurb Forte Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, high cholesterol level, mental health problems, cancer, thyroid problems, gout, tuberculosis, fits, infections, glaucoma, stomach ulcers, allergies, blood thinner medicines, prostate problems, pain and inflammation....
- Other medicines like pentoxifylline, oestrogens, progestogens, laxatives, ranolazine, dolutegravir, cimetidine, colesevelam should be used with caution along with Glycurb Forte Tablet.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- Glycurb Forte Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glycurb Forte Tablet
- Excess of Glycurb Forte Tablet may lead to lactic acidosis, coma, fits.
- You may experience symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, unconsciousness, difficulty in breathing.
- Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Glycurb Forte Tablet?
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What foods should I avoid eating, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid eating oily and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Glycurb Forte Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Glycurb Forte Tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....