Glycomet 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glycomet 500 MG Description
Glycomet tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Glycomet contains metformin as the active ingredient. Glycomet tablets work by decreasing the production of glucose. It also reduces its absorption in the body.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your pancreas does not make enough insulin to keep blood sugar levels under control, and your body is also unable to use its insulin adequately. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and poor blood flow in your hands and legs.
Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as your doctor recommends. It should preferably be taken after meals. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Metsmall 500 tablets, Okamet 500 tablet, Glyciphage 500 tablet, Metgem 500 tablet and Metfor 500 tablet are some other medicines with metformin.
Glycomet tablets should not be used in children below ten years of age. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
Along with taking this medicine, you must make certain lifestyle modifications like exercising regularly, avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol, and having a balanced diet with adequate fruits and vegetables to control your blood sugar levels.
Uses of Glycomet 500 MG
Contraindications of Glycomet 500 MG
- If you are allergic to metformin or other ingredients of Glycomet 500 tablet.
- You may have kidney failure or liver disease.
- You may have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- You may have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications like diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions like heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack, etc.
- If you have unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar levels.
Side effects of Glycomet 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Glycomet 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps and dehydration.
- You may have altered kidney function.
- You may have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You may have a planned surgery.
- Avoid using the medicine in children below 10 years of age.
Directions for Use of Glycomet 500 MG
- Glycomet 500 tablet should be taken as instructed by the doctor.
- Swallow the entire with a glass of water.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Avoid taking more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Glycomet 500 MG
- Store Glycomet 500 tablet below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Glycomet 500 MG
- Glycomet tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
- You can make some lifestyle changes while taking this medication to improve your health, such as giving up smoking, consuming less alcohol, exercising regularly, and adhering to a healthy, balanced diet....
- Talk to your doctor if you have conditions like heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack, etc.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Glycomet tablets should not be used in children below 10 years of age.
Dosage of Glycomet 500 MG
- Overdose of Glycomet 500 tablet is associated with lactic acidosis presenting with symptoms of drowsiness, rapid breathing, severe vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose of the medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Glycomet 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Glycomet 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Glycomet 500 tablet works or this medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high or abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What care is essential before using Glycomet 500 medicine?
Q: Continue exercise is necessary after starting Glycomet 500 medicine?
Q: Will Glycomet 500 tablet reduce weight?
Q: Can Glycomet 500 tablet be stopped?
Q: What is the best time to take the Glycomet?
Q: How quickly does the Glycomet work?
Q: What are the uses of Glycomet 500 tablet?
Q: Is Metformin the same as Glycomet?
Other Products from this Brand
- GLYCOMET SR 500MG STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET GP 1MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET GP 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET 1GM STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET GP 0.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET GP2 FORTE STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET GP 3/850MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET TRIO 2MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCOMET 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS