Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Glyciphage 500 MG Description
Glyciphage tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, a condition where blood sugar level rises above the normal range when it cannot be contr
lled by diet and exercise alone. Glyciphage lowers the raised blood glucose levels. It contains metformin as its active ingredient. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Glyciphage tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age. Abruptly stopping this medicine can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications. Before using the Glyciphage tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about a detailed medical history. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke.
Uses of Glyciphage 500 MG
Contraindications of Glyciphage 500 MG
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other ingredients of the Glyciphage tablet.
- If you have kidney failure or liver disease.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar level.
Side effects of Glyciphage 500 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Glyciphage 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have lactic acidosis (an acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Glyciphage tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glyciphage 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glyciphage 500 MG
- Glyciphage tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glyciphage 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Glyciphage tablet works or Glyciphage tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Glyciphage 500 MG
- Store Glyciphage tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Glyciphage 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What care is essential before using Glyciphage tablet?
Q: Is it necessary to continue exercising after starting Glyciphage tablet?
Q: Will Glyciphage tablet reduce weight?
Q: Can I stop taking Glyciphage tablet once I notice an improvement?
Q: When should I take Glyciphage?
Q: Are Glyciphage and metformin the same?
Q: What are the side effects of Glyciphage?
Q: Can we take Glyciphage after a meal?
Q: What is Glyciphage used for?
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Metformin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Metformin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Glyciphage Sr 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage G 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage 850 Mg Tablet
- Glyciphage Pg 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glyciphage G 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glyciphage P 15 200 Mg Tablets 15
- Glyciphage G 0 5 Mg Tablet 10 S
- Glyciphage 100 Mg Solu 100 Ml