Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glyciphage tablet is used to lower the raised blood sugar levels in the blood when lifestyle changes like dietary modifications are unable to control blood glucose levels. Glyciphage tablet contains metformin as its active ingredient. It is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Glyciphage tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age. Abruptly stopping this medicine can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications.
Uses of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Glyciphage tablet is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus in overweight patients when dietary changes and exercise fail to achieve desired sugar control.
Contraindications of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other ingredients of the Glyciphage tablet.
- If you have kidney failure or liver disease.
- If you have several conditions such as dehydration, shock and severe infection.
- If you have an acid-base imbalance in the body or diabetes complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you have conditions such as heart failure, lung failure, shock, heart attack.
- If you had unconsciousness due to either extremely high or low blood sugar level.
Side effects of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Can I take Glyciphage tablet during pregnancy?
Glyciphage tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, he might suggest some other alternative.
Can I take Glyciphage tablet while breastfeeding?
Glyciphage tablet passes into the breastmilk in very small quantities which might not be harmful to the baby. Metformin should be used with caution while nursing newborn and premature infants.
Can I drive if I have taken Glyciphage tablet?
Glyciphage tablet does not affect the ability to drive. However, if you experience dizziness or a decrease in blood sugar level after taking this medicine, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Glyciphage tablet?
Alcohol intake should be avoided when taking Glyciphage tablet as it increases the risk of lactic acidosis (acid-base imbalance).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have lactic acidosis (an acid-base imbalance) characterised by difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, muscle cramps, dehydration.
- You have altered kidney function.
- You have heart disease such as heart failure.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You have or are going to administer any contrast medium in the body.
- Glyciphage tablet should not be used by children below 10 years of age.
Mode of Action of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Glyciphage tablet works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, thereby lowering the production of glucose or sugar in the liver and increasing the absorption of sugar by the body cells from the blood.
Directions for Use of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Glyciphage tablet should be taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Glyciphage tablet works or Glyciphage tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders.Read less
Storage and disposal of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Glyciphage 500mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
An overdose of Glyciphage tablet is associated with lactic acidosis presenting with symptoms of drowsiness, rapid breathing, severe vomiting, diarrhoea, irregular heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What care is essential before using Glyciphage tablet?
A: It is crucial to inform your doctor about all the medicines taken for the disorders of kidneys, heart, liver, lungs, etc. that you may be suffering from before using Glyciphage tablet. The names of the medicines should be provided correctly to the doctor.
Q: Is it necessary to continue exercising after starting Glyciphage tablet?
A: Glyciphage tablet for diabetes or decreasing the sugar level in one's blood is most effective when it is used in combination with regular exercises and a proper diet.
Q: Will Glyciphage tablet reduce weight?
A: No, Glyciphage tablet does not reduce weight. It neither increases nor decreases the weight. You should continue to exercise and follow your diet while you are on this medicine.
Q: Can Glyciphage tablet be stopped if I start feeling improvement in my condition?
A: No, you should never stop taking Glyciphage tablet without consulting your doctor. Abruptly stopping the medicine can result in a sudden rise in blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 18 May 2021 | 12:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved