Glimisave 2mg Tablet
Glimisave 2 MG Description
Glimisave Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise
alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Glimisave Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowers elevsted blood sugar. Take Glimisave Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
- Truepride 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.00₹ 53.5533% CHEAPER₹ 5.36/Tablet
- Glador 2mg Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.84₹ 81.4633% CHEAPER₹ 5.43/Tablet
- Glador 2mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.84₹ 81.46₹ 8.15/Tablet
- Amaryl 2mg Tablets 30'sBy Sanofi30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 212.65₹ 180.7525% CHEAPER₹ 6.03/Tablet
- Glimestar 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 33.58₹ 28.5464% CHEAPER₹ 2.85/Tablet
- Glimy 2mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.77₹ 83.9526% CHEAPER₹ 6.0/Tablet
- Gp 2mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.57₹ 60.8325% CHEAPER₹ 6.08/Tablet
- Glimer 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.15₹ 90.2325% CHEAPER₹ 6.02/Tablet
- Glyree 2mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.96₹ 60.3225% CHEAPER₹ 6.03/Tablet
- Zoryl 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.51₹ 90.5325% CHEAPER₹ 6.04/Tablet
Uses of Glimisave 2 MG
Contraindications of Glimisave 2 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Glimisave Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Glimisave 2 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Glimisave 2 MG
- Glimisave Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Glimisave 2 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Glimisave 2 MG
- Glimisave Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glimisave 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glimisave Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Glimisave Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Glimisave Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Glimisave 2 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Glimisave 2 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Glimisave Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Glimisave Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Glimisave Tablet?
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 26 November 2022]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 November 2022]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 November 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 November 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Glimisave M 2 Tablet 15 S
- Glimisave M 1 Tablets 15 S
- Glimisave Mv 2 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glimisave M 2 Forte Tablets 15 S
- Glimisave M 3 Tablets 15 S
- Glimisave M 0 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glimisave Mv 1 3 Tablets 10 S
- Glimisave M 1 Forte Tablets 15 S
- Glimisave Mv 3 3 F Tablets 15 S
- Glimisave M 3 Forte Tablets 15 S