Gestaur 500mg Injection
By TAURUS LABORATORIES PVT LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gestaur 500 MG Description
Gestaur Injection contains hydroxyprogesterone as its active ingredient. It is used to reduce the risk of premature birth in a female who previously has delivered a premature baby. Gestaur Injection
will be given to you under the skin as an Injection in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse.
|You Save||₹11.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Pain, swelling, itching at the injection site, fever, headache, dizziness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PREMATURE LABOUR PREVENTION|
Check more medicines with composition as Hydroxyprogesterone(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Gestaur 500 MG
Gestaur Injection is a manmade form of a female hormone and is used to reduce the risk of premature birth in a female who has already delivered a premature baby in the past.
Contraindications of Gestaur 500 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of Gestaur Injection.
- If you had or have problems with your liver like liver cancer, etc.
- If you have breast cancer or any other hormone cancer.
- If you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you have or had a history of blood clot disorders.
- If you have jaundice in pregnancy.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
Side effects of Gestaur 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Pain, swelling, itching at the Injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Gestaur 500 MG
Can I take Gestaur Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Gestaur Injection during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this Injection.
Can I take Gestaur Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Gestaur Injection pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Gestaur Injection?
Gestaur Injection may make you dizzy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Gestaur Injection?
There is no data regarding interactions between Gestaur Injection and alcohol. However, this does not rule out the possibility of interaction and it is better to avoid alcohol consumption.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have a blood disorder.
- You have problems with your heart or kidney.
- You have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- You are pregnant and suffer from asthma, fits, migraine, high blood pressure.
- You have had a history of depression.
- You may develop jaundice or high blood pressure.
- You develop any allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching.
- You are a smoker.
- Gestaur Injection should not be used to prevent premature birth in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (like twins, triplets). It should also not be used to stop active premature labour.
Mode of Action of Gestaur 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Hydroxyprogesterone is a manmade progestin, its mode of action to prevent or reduce premature birth is still not known.
Directions for Use of Gestaur 500 MG
- Gestaur Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Gestaur 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Gestaur Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, halothane, nicotine, bupropion, ketamine should be used with caution as they may alter the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gestaur 500 MG
- Store it below 25°C in the original container to protect it from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Gestaur 500 MG
Gestaur Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get more or less of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this Injection, then seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, then inform them....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Gestaur Injection on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking this Injection until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good.
Q: What does Gestaur Injection do?
A: Gestaur Injection contains hydroxyprogesterone as its active ingredient. Hydroxyprogesterone is a manmade progestin, its mode of action to prevent or reduce premature birth is still not known. It compensates for the hormone deficit and stimulates the growth of an underdeveloped uterus.
Q: When to stop Gestaur Injection?
A: The duration of treatment with Gestaur Injection depends on the underlying condition and the patient's response to the treatment.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed