Genteal Bottle Of 10ml Eye Drops
Genteal 3 MG Description
Genteal Eye drop contain carboxymethylcellulose as its active ingredient and is used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness in the eye or due to exp
sure to wind or sun. It helps in re-establishing the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness of the eye can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, continuous use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before making use of this medicine, it is better to discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Genteal 3 MG
Contraindications of Genteal 3 MG
- If you are allergic to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Genteal Eye drop.
Side effects of Genteal 3 MG
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Genteal 3 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may experience irritation, pain, redness in the eye and changes in the vision. If your condition worsens, you might have to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and should be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the instillation of Genteal Eye drop.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Genteal 3 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Genteal 3 MG
- Use Genteal Eye drop as recommended by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Keep away from touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe the extra liquid from your face with a tissue.
- It is advised to remove your contact lens before using this medicine.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using it if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Genteal 3 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products that you are currently consuming.
- If you use another eye drop product along with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Genteal 3 MG
- Store Genteal Eye drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use it once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Genteal 3 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Genteal Eye drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can this medicine be used for the ears?
Q: How to open Genteal Eye drop?
Q: Is Genteal Eye drop safe for babies?
Q: What is the use of Genteal Eye drop?
Q: Can I use Genteal Eye drop frequently?
Q: Can this medicine cause cataract?
Q: Do Genteal Eye drop have any effects on the heart?
Q: How long can I use Genteal eye drop?
Q: What are the uses of Genteal eye drop?
Q: Genteal eye drops vs Refresh tears, which is better?
Q: Can I use Genteal eye drops during the day?
Q: What are the ingredients present in Genteal eye drops?
Q: What are the side effects of Genteal eye drops?
- ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2022]
- EQUATE RESTORE PLUS LUBRICANT EYE DROPS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 April 2022]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 26 April 2022]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 26 April 2022]