Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemer 2 Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, containing a combination of two medicines Glimepiride and Metformin. Gemer 2 Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus condition, where the blood sugar level is above normal. This medicine decreases blood glucose levels. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor along with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Never stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may cause changes in the blood sugar levels, further causing harm to other body parts such as the eyes, kidney and legs. Be cautious while driving, as this medicine can lower your blood sugar levels and can cause hypoglycemia resulting in dizziness, giddiness and increased sweating as its side effects. If you experience these side effects, have juice, chocolate or sugar candy immediately. If your blood sugar falls most of the time, consult your doctor immediately. You should monitor your blood sugar levels at regular intervals.
Uses of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gemer 2 Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride or Metformin alone is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately.
Contraindications of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metformin, Glimepiride or any of the ingredients of the Gemer 2 Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have or had heart or lung failure, recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Weight gain, low blood sugar level which can cause headache, sweating, nausea, wet skin, anxiety and restlessness.
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of taste sensation, metallic taste and stomach discomforts (pressure and fullness).
- High blood pressure, irregular heart rhythm, chest pain (arrhythmias).
- Rash, itching
- Temporary visual disturbances.
- Difficulty in breathing, decrease in vitamin B12 levels.
Precautions and Warnings of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Gemer 2 Tablet during pregnancy?
Gemer 2 Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, he might suggest some other alternative.
Can I take the Gemer 2 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Gemer 2 Tablet passes into the breast milk in very small quantities which might not be harmful to the baby. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, monitor your child for signs of hypoglycemia such as excessive sleepiness, poor feeding, fits, difficulty in breathing or decreased body temperature.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Gemer 2 Tablet?
- Gemer 2 Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with the Gemer 2 Tablet?
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol during treatment with Gemer 2 Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose.read less
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney and liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gemer 2 Tablet is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increasing the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.
- Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gemer 2 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin, etc.read less
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pills, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disordersread less
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol can alter the way this medicine works and may block your body's response to low blood sugar. This can lead to dangerously low levels of blood sugar.read less
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pills, Enalapril may affect your kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid can affect the way this medicine works.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of the Gemer 2 Tablet may lead to severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up).
- This can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital as you may require close monitoring for the next few hours.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of diet should I follow?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Carry a fruit or some low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double doses of this medicine.
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor.
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucose.read less
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.
Q: Can Gemer 2 Tablet be stopped?
A: No, you should never stop taking the Gemer 2 Tablet without consulting your doctor. Abrupt stopping of the medicine can result in a sudden rise in blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
Q: Is Gemer 2 for diabetes?
A: Yes, the Gemer 2 Tablet is used for Type 2 Diabetes. It is an oral hypoglycemic agent also known as anti-diabetic medicine used to lower the raised blood sugar levels.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved