Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Gemer 2 tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, where the blood sugar level is above normal. It controls the raised blood sugar levels when
it is not being controlled by diet, exercise and single medicine alone. Gemer 2 tablet is a combination medicine containing glimepiride and metformin. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. To gain optimum results you should exercise regularly and have a healthy diet along with this medicine. While on this medicine you may experience signs of low blood sugar such as dizziness, giddiness and sweating. Thus, it is recommended to keep sugar candy, juice or chocolate handy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹18.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glimepiride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, low blood sugar, vomiting, taste disturbance, stomach pain|
- Glimisave M2 Tablet 15'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.33₹ 155.83₹ 10.39/Tablet
- Glimestar M 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.00₹ 79.9022% CHEAPER₹ 7.99/Tablet
- Amaryl M 2mg Strip Of 20 TabletsBy Sanofi20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 363.34₹ 308.84₹ 15.44/Tablet
- Zoryl M 2mg Tablets 20'sBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd20 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 288.00₹ 244.80₹ 12.24/Tablet
- Glycomet Gp 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.75₹ 145.145% CHEAPER₹ 9.68/Tablet
- Glyciphage G 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.00₹ 95.207% CHEAPER₹ 9.52/Tablet
- K Glim M 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.00₹ 53.5565% CHEAPER₹ 3.57/Tablet
- Apriglim M2 Tablet 15'sBy Aprica Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 150.93₹ 128.2916% CHEAPER₹ 8.55/Tablet
- Glimfirst M 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sinsan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.5028% CHEAPER₹ 7.37/Tablet
- Switglim M 2mg/500mg Tablets 15'sBy Akumentis Healthcare Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 54.4064% CHEAPER₹ 3.63/Tablet
Uses of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Metformin, Glimepiride or other ingredients of the Gemer 2 Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you have kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have or had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack and shock.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Low blood sugar levels
Precautions and Warnings of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The medicine causes low blood sugar levels which leads to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult the doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car while driving, if you start feeling the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, have the juice or chocolate.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid alcohol during treatment with Gemer 2 Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol while using this medicine causes a complication like ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, have sugar or sweet juice. Inform the doctor as you may need a change in the medicine's dose....
- You develop pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are undergoing a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered from trauma.
- You are undergoing surgery.
- You have kidney and liver problems.
- You have a thyroid disorder.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Gemer 2 tablet helps to control blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone.
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increases the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas.
- Insulin supplies sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and the production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components increases the insulin sensitivity of the body (which allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are using other medicines for diabetes like Insulin, Pioglitazone, medicines for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors like Captopril), Steroids, Chloramphenicol, Fenfluramine, medicine to lower blood cholesterol (fibrates), medicines to treat depression (Fluoxetine), medicines to treat blood clotting like Coumarins, Cyclophosphamide, Miconazole, Probenecid, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, Ofloxacin, etc....
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are using oral contraceptives, Acetazolamide, water pills, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, medicines for constipation, Phenytoin, Rifampicin and medicines for thyroid disorders....
- Medicines like anti-allergic (ranitidine), clonidine, reserpine and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like atenolol alter the way this medicine works and blocks the body's response to low blood sugar. This leads to low levels of blood sugar....
- Medicines like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Water pills, Enalapril may affect kidney functions if taken along with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat thyroid affect the way this medicine works.
- Inform the doctor regarding other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you take to avoid possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Gemer tablets at room temperature in a dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gemer 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any specific diet should I follow while taking Gemer 2mg tablet?
- A diet high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the meal timings and have soups and salads.
- Diet must include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very little use of ghee and butter.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Take fruits or some low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What precaution must I follow being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid shopping when you are hungry. You end up buying oily and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid using maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid using cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Q: My blood sugar falls too often, what is the possible reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach and taking double doses of this medicine.
- If you are using medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, inform the doctor.
- Keep a juice or sugar candy, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, have the juice or glucose.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners in this situation.
- If such episodes happen too often, inform the doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine.