Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Galvus 50 MG Description
Galvus Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It contains vildagliptin as its active medicine. This medicine should be taken as directed by the
doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It is advisable, along with taking the diabetes medications as prescribed by the doctor, you must make certain lifestyle modifications like regular exercise, following a low carb diet, avoid smoking, limiting alcohol consumption and maintaining a healthy weight. You must check your blood sugar levels. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Galvus Tablet.
- Vildanol 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 115.5063% CHEAPER₹ 7.7/Tablet
- Zomelis 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.50₹ 126.2260% CHEAPER₹ 8.41/Tablet
- Jalra 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 330.00₹ 280.5012% CHEAPER₹ 18.7/Tablet
- Vysov 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Cipla Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.35₹ 138.8556% CHEAPER₹ 9.26/Tablet
- Zukanorm 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.89₹ 46.6678% CHEAPER₹ 4.67/Tablet
- Intaglip 50mg Tablet 10'sBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.50₹ 76.0764% CHEAPER₹ 7.61/Tablet
- Vildamac 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.80₹ 100.9868% CHEAPER₹ 6.73/Tablet
- Vilact 50mg Tablet 10'sBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.1073% CHEAPER₹ 5.61/Tablet
- Vilnip 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.45₹ 126.1860% CHEAPER₹ 8.41/Tablet
- Verifica 50mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.20₹ 138.7256% CHEAPER₹ 9.25/Tablet
Uses of Galvus 50 MG
Contraindications of Galvus 50 MG
Side effects of Galvus 50 MG
- Low blood sugar levels
Precautions and Warnings of Galvus 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver and kidney function problems or if you are on dialysis
- You have heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further
- You have known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop the medicine and report to the hospital
- You may find increased liver enzymes in blood test reports
- It should not be used for patients having type 1 diabetes (your body does not produce insulin)
- You are taking any other medicines for diabetes like Glyburide (sulphonylurea) along with this medicine, you may experience a sudden fall in blood glucose level. The doctor might need to reduce the dosage to reduce this risk....
- You experience skin problems
Mode of Action of Galvus 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Galvus 50 MG
- Galvus Tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or after food.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to. Never stop the medicine on your own.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Galvus 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Galvus Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Galvus Tablet with medicines such as water pills, corticosteroids, thyroxine and medicines which affect the brain functions or central nervous system can reduce the effect of this Tablet...
- There may be a risk of swelling on face, lips, tongue on concomitant use of captopril, enalapril, fosinopril used to treat high blood pressure
Storage and disposal of Galvus 50 MG
- Store Galvus Tablets below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Galvus 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- The disease cannot be cured completely. You have to control it by making few lifestyle modifications.
- Plan your diet, limit carbohydrate and sugar intake, exercise regularly and monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Along with this take the anti-diabetic medication and at the same time for effective blood glucose control.