Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By NOVARTIS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Galvus Tablet is an antidiabetic medicine. Galvus Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.. It contains vildagliptin as its active medicine. It works by inhibiting specific enzyme
s that degrade substances known as incretins. Incretins are hormones produced by the small intestine to control the level of blood glucose levels. Individuals with high blood sugar or diabetes are at risk of getting health complications like eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke if not controlled well. It is advisable along with taking the diabetes medications as prescribed by the doctor you must make certain lifestyle modifications. Regular exercise, following a low carb diet, avoid smoking, limit alcohol consumption and maintain a healthy weight. You must check your blood sugar levels....
Uses of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
For management of type 2 diabetes mellitus
Contraindications of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
If you are allergic to vildagliptin or any of the ingredient of Galvus Tablet
Side effects of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Low blood sugar levels
Precautions and Warnings of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Can I take Galvus Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Galvus Tablet during pregnancy. Limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy. This medicine should not be taken if you are pregnant unless your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Galvus Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking Galvus Tablet as limited information is available on how this medicine can affect your baby. Consult a doctor, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Galvus Tablet?
There is limited information related to its effect on driving ability. However sometimes you may experience dizziness after taking this medicine. So it is advised to be careful while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Galvus Tablet?
Galvus Tablet should not be consumed with alcohol as it affects the blood glucose levels. It can decrease or increase the blood sugar level depending on the quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption. It also interferes with the liver's activity.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver and kidney function problems or if you are on dialysis
- You have heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further
- You have known history of pancreatitis or develop sudden pain in the stomach or back, immediately stop the medicine and report to the hospital
- You may find increased liver enzymes in blood test reports
- It should not be used for patients having Type 1 Diabetes (your body does not produce insulin)
- You are taking any other medicines for diabetes like Glyburide (sulphonylurea) along with this medicine, you may experience a sudden fall in blood glucose level. The doctor might need to reduce the dosage to reduce this risk....Read more
- You experience skin problems
Mode of Action of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Galvus Tablet works by inhibiting enzymes that degrade chemical substances known as incretins. Incretins play an important role to control the blood glucose levels. Thus the levels of incretin are mai
ntained, thereby lowering the blood glucose....
Directions for Use of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Galvus Tablet should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water with or after food
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to. Never stop the medicine on your own
Interactions of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Galvus Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Galvus Tablet with medicines such as water pills, corticosteroids, thyroxine and medicines which affect the brain functions or central nervous system can reduce the effect of GalvusTablet...Read more
- There may be a risk of swelling on face, lips, tongue on concomitant use of captopril, enalapril, fosinopril used to treat high blood pressure
Storage and disposal of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Store Galvus Tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Galvus 50mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Galvus Tablet may include prickling sensation, fever, swelling etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest h
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Galvus Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are other lifestyle modifications I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- The disease cannot be cured completely. You have to control it by making few lifestyle modifications.
- Plan your diet, limit carbohydrate and sugar intake, exercise regularly and monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Along with this take the anti-diabetic medication and at the same time for effective blood glucose control.
Q: What is hypoglycemia?
A: Hypoglycemia causes blood sugar levels to drop. It is 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or less. This might be different for an individual, check with the doctor to know more about it.
Q: What are the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia?
A: Common signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia includes headache, dizziness, blurred vision, feeling shaky, hungry, thirsty and sweaty. You may also feel irritated, trouble concentrating, confused or disoriented.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved