Fluna 20mg Tablets
Fluna 20 MG Description
Fluna Tablet contains Leflunomide as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of active rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It is meant for use only in adult patients. Use of thi
medicine in children and adolescents is not recommended. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
- Lefno 20mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 242.90₹ 206.46₹ 20.65/Tablet
- Lefumide 20mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 242.92₹ 206.48₹ 20.65/Tablet
- Lefra 20mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 242.75₹ 206.34₹ 20.63/Tablet
- Cleft 20mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 219.30₹ 188.60₹ 18.86/Tablet
Uses of Fluna 20 MG
Contraindications of Fluna 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Leflunomide or any other ingredients of Fluna Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have decreased platelet and white blood cell counts or an bone marrow problem.
- If you have low numbers of proteins in your blood.
- If you are suffering from any disease that affects your immunity system like AIDS.
- If you have any serious infection.
Side effects of Fluna 20 MG
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, diarrhea
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- Tiredness, weakness
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin rashes, dry skin, itching
- Tingling sensation
- increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Fluna 20 MG
- Fluna Tablet must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause some serious birth defects in unborn baby.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be (or if there is any delay in onset of menses), you should consult your doctor immediately.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it for at least 2 years after the final dose or up to 11 days after the treatment (washout period).
- It is essential to consult your doctor, if you think you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby, before starting treatment with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You had any lung diseases like interstitial lung disease
- You have ever had tuberculosis or have been in contact with someone who had the disease.
- You are going to be vaccinated.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby.
- You are a male patent and want to be father.
- You notice any allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Fluna Tablet, immediately contact your doctor.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Fluna Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Fluna 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fluna 20 MG
Interactions of Fluna 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Fluna Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin along with this medicine can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Live vaccines can interact with this medicine, thus concomitant use is not recommended.
- Concomitant use of Fluna Tablet along with Cholestyramine or activated charcoal is not recommended.
- Cyclosporin used in organ transplantation can also be inappropriate to take with this medicine.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate, oral contraceptives, cefaclor, indomethacin, benzylpenicillin, ciprofloxacin, zidovudine, furosemide, rosuvastatin, sulfasalazine should be used with ion along with Fluna Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Fluna 20 MG
Dosage of Fluna 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Fluna Tablet?
Q: How to take Fluna Tablet?
Q: Should I take Fluna Tablet with or without food?
Q: Can Fluna Tablet be given to children?
- Leflunomide Tillomed 20 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Leflunomide Tillomed 20 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Leflunomide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]