Floace T Eye Drops
By SENTISS PHARMA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Floace T Eye Drop is a sterile preparation containing a combination of an antibiotic and a steroid. It is a multidose ophthalmic solution consisting of Tobramycin, Fluorometholone as the active ingredients. It is used to treat inflammatory eye conditions, which are responsive mainly to the steroid with superficial bacterial infection. It reduces the redness, swelling and inflammation of the eye. Floace T Eye Drop should be used externally only. It should not be used for children below 2 years of age. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, increased lacrimation, swelling of the eyelid. If these symptoms worsen and do not resolve, consult with your doctor....
|You Save||₹41.04 (27% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Fluorometholone(0.1 %),Tobramycin(3.0 %)|
|Classification||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluorometholone(0.1 %) + Tobramycin(3.0 %)
Uses of Floace T Eye Drops
Floace T Eye Drop are used for inflammatory ocular (eye) conditions for which a steroid is indicated & where superficial ocular bacterial infection or risk for bacterial infection exists.
Contraindications of Floace T Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Tobramycin, Fluorometholone or any other component of Floace T Eye Drop.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye including herpes simplex.
- If you have an untreated bacterial or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Floace T Eye Drops
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Eye pain
- Eye burning or discomfort
- Itching and swelling of the eyelid
- Eye discharge or increases lacrimation
Precautions and Warnings of Floace T Eye Drops
Can I instill Floace T Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Floace T Eye Drop on pregnancy. It is recommended not to use this medicine during pregnancy unless considered safe and advised by your doctor.
Can I instill Floace T Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
A component of Floace T Eye Drop may pass into the breast milk and cause harm to the nursing infant. You should not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless considered safe and prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have instilled Floace T Eye Drop?
Floace T Eye Drop does not influence the ability to drive. If instilling this medicine causes transient blurring of vision avoid driving until these symptoms are resolved.
Can I consume alcohol with Floace T Eye Drop?
There is limited information about the effect of alcohol on Floace T Eye Drop. It may increase side effects like blurred vision. Talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had developed a cataract after prolonged use of eye drops containing steroids.
- You had an allergic reaction with similar medicine.
- You have any other viral or fungal infection.
- You experience any other effect after using Floace T Eye Drop.
- You experience any infection after using Floace T Eye Drop.
- You are having any other medical condition and on other medicines.
- Floace T Eye Drop should not be used for injection or oral use.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses when using these eye drops.
- Floace T Eye Drop should not be used for children below 2 years of age.
- Do not pierce or open Floace T Eye Drop with needle, knife or scissor.
Mode of Action of Floace T Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Fluorometholone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Tobramycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Floace T Eye Drops
- Use Floace T Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Floace T Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are using a topical painkiller such as diclofenac along with Floace T Eye Drop may delay the eye healing process.
- Since Floace T Eye Drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Floace T Eye Drops
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 25°C in a cool dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes color, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Floace T Eye Drops
- As Floace T Eye Drop is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of Floace T Eye Drop may cause red, watery eyes and vision may also decrease, swelling of the eyelid.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed instilling Floace T Eye Drop, instill it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Floace T Eye Drop?
A: You should use Floace T Eye Drop for the duration advised by your doctor. Once you open the bottle make sure you use it within 4 weeks of opening.
Q: Will Floace T Eye Drop cause blurry vision?
A: Yes, Floace T Eye Drop may cause blurry vision for some time or a short duration. If these conditions worsen, connect with your doctor. Avoid performing any activities requiring consciousness.
- Allergan. PIL. FML-T eyedrops. [Internet]. Allergan.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- FML eye drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Tobramycin eye drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Tobramycin.Fluorometholone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.