Flexura D Tablet
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Flexura D Tablet contains a combination of Diclofenac and Metaxalone. They belong to a class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and muscle relaxants respectively. Flexura D tablet is used to treat muscle pain or discomfort that occurs due to an injury or sprain. It works by relaxing the muscles and blocking the production of certain chemicals responsible for pain, inflammation and swelling. Few common side effects of this medicine are headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, vertigo, diarrhoea, indigestion and stomach pain. You should let your doctor know if you experience these side effects or your condition worsens. Before taking Flexura D tablet, you should tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding. You should also tell your doctor about any existing health conditions such as heart, liver, kidney or any blood circulation disorders and about all the medicines you are currently taking.
Uses of Flexura D Tablet
Flexura D Tablet is used for the treatment of pain due to muscle spasm. It relieves pain, swelling and discomfort of muscle and improves muscle movement and activity.
Contraindications of Flexura D Tablet
- If you are allergic to Diclofenac and Metaxalone or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are suffering from acidity problem, have a history of recurrent peptic ulcer or bleeding disorder
- If you have a history of stomach or intestine bleeding or perforation, relating to the previous use of pain killer (NSAIDs) medicines or if you have any liver or kidney problem.
- If you have heart problems like congestive heart failure (decrease pumping of heart), ischemic heart disease (heart attack due to blood supply disturbance), peripheral arterial disease (a condition in which there is reduced blood flow to limbs), cerebrovascular disease (a problem in blood flow in the brain), stroke, heart attack or any other heart issues.read less
- If you have a history of attacks of asthma, angioedema (swelling of face, skin and tongue breathing problem), urticarial (skin redness and itching) or acute rhinitis (runny nose, sneezing, etc.)
- If you have a history of decreased blood count due to any medicines in the past
- If you have anaemia or have problems with your blood circulation
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- If you are taking aspirin or other NSAIDs painkiller
Side effects of Flexura D Tablet
- Stomach upset
- Spinning of head
- Heart burn
Precautions and Warnings of Flexura D Tablet
Can I take Flexura D Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Flexura D tablet is known to be unsafe during pregnancy and can affect the growth of the baby and lead to malformations of the heart and kidney of a foetus. Thus, it should be avoided during the first 6 months of pregnancy and should never be used in the last trimester of pregnancy. However, there can be cases your doctor may give you this medicine if it is really needed and an advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Flexura D Tablet while breastfeeding?
Flexura D tablet passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flexura D Tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, sleepiness and dizziness while on treatment with Flexura D tablet. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Flexura D Tablet?
If you take Flexura D tablet along with alcohol, it may make you feel drowsier and dizzier, so your ability to concentrate decreases. Hence, it is advisable to not consume alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing high blood pressure, increased heartbeats, increased body temperature, sweating, agitation and irritation
- You are above 65 years, as it should be used cautiously in elderly patients
- You have blood clotting, liver, kidney and heart problems
- You have asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure or cholesterol
- You are pregnant or active smoker
- You had or may have a surgery
- You are having diseases like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or mixed connective tissue disease
- You are taking water pills or painkillers
- You are going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests, inform the concerned person.
- This medicine should not be used in children 12 years of age
- Flexura D tablet may impair female fertility and is not recommended in women who want to conceive or of childbearing age.
Mode of Action of Flexura D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- The brain and spinal cord control muscle movement in our body. In conditions of muscle spasm, our body releases few substances which cause inflammation, swelling and pain to the affected muscle.
- Diclofenac works by blocking the release of these substances and improves the symptoms like pain, swelling and soreness of the muscle.
- Metaxalone is a muscle relaxant and acts on certain area brain and spinal cord responsible for controlling movements of muscles. It blocks the nerve impulses or pain sensations that are sent to the brain and thus helps in relieving pain and spasm.read less
Directions for Use of Flexura D Tablet
- Take Flexura D tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flexura D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking Flexura D tablet with medicine used in mental illness like Fentanyl, Methadone and Tripants, it may lead to high blood pressure, high pulse rate, increased body temperature and sweating. It is a medical emergency and the patient should rush to a nearby hospital.read less
- If you are using this tablet, antihypertensive medicines like Atenolol, Propranolol, Captopril and Lisinopril may decrease their blood pressure-lowering effect. Therefore, the combination should be used with caution. Especially older people should check their blood pressure periodically. These patients should also take an adequate amount of water to stay hydrated. Otherwise, the combined use of these medicines increases the risk of toxicity in the kidneys.read less
- You may experience muscle weakness and irregular heartbeats if you are taking medicines like Spironolactone, Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus or trimethoprim along with Flexura D tablet, frequent potassium level monitoring is advised. Caution and close monitoring are needed if you are taking this tablet with blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin, Heparin, as chances of bleeding increases.read less
- If you take this tablet with other painkiller medicines or steroids or medicines used to treat mental illness like Citalopram, Escitalopram and Fluoxetine may increase the risk of acidity, ulceration and even bleeding form those ulcers.read less
- Frequent glucose level monitoring is advised if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines
- If you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Ofloxacin it may produce fits.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 4-5 hours between consumption of Flexura D and Colestipol or Cholestyramine used to lower cholesterol.
- You may feel drowsy and sleepy if you take Flexura D tablet with medicines like Diazepam, Amitriptyline and Clomipramine
- Other medicines like Lithium (used in mental illness), Digoxin (used in heart-pumping problem), Methotrexate (used in certain cancers, arthritis), Phenytoin (used in convulsions or fits), Voriconazole (used in fungal infection) and Zidovudine (used in HIV infection) should be used cautiously.read less
Storage and disposal of Flexura D Tablet
- Store Flexura D tablet below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this properly medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Flexura D Tablet
- If you have taken more Flexura D tablet you may get symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, pain below the ribs and above the stomach, stomach and intestine bleeding, rarely diarrhoea, dizziness, disorientation, excitation, coma, drowsiness, tinnitus, fainting and occasionally fits. In rare cases, it can lead to liver and kidney failure and can sometimes be fatal.read less
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Flexura D tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Flexura D tablet if I am suffering from a liver problem?
A: It is known that Flexura D tablet may damage the liver and the functions of liver decreases, so if you are already having any liver problem, it is advisable to avoid this medicine or consult your doctor about it.
Q: I am having difficulty in conceiving pregnancy and I am on the treatment of infertility, can I use Flexura D tab?
A: Flexura D tablet may impair female fertility. Thus it is advisable to avoid this medicine if you are planning to conceive a baby. You need to consult your doctor for proper advice.
Q: How many Flexura D should I take, and can Flexura D tablet be taken daily?
A: It would be best if you use Flexura D tablet as per the advice of your doctor. It would be best if you do not change or stop this medicine without their consultation.
Q: Can we use Flexura D tab after tooth extraction or any other surgery?
A: Flexura D tablet content may interfere with the bleeding tendency in the patient. Hence, it should be avoided during or immediately after the surgery as per the advice from your doctor.
Q: Can Flexura D tablet treat my illness?
A: This medicine is mainly to provide symptomatic relief of muscle pain/spasm. You may need to consult your doctor to identify the exact cause and undergo proper treatment if required.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:05 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved