Fistide 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Fistide 5 MG Description
Fistide Tablet is used in men for the treatment of benign prodynamic hyperplasia (a condition in men where the prostate gland is enlarged, making it difficult to pass urine). It contains finasteride
as its active ingredient. This medicine should only be used by men who are above 18 years of age. Women, children and adolescents should not use this tablet. Fistide Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
- Fincar 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 215.21₹ 182.93₹ 18.29/Tablet
- Finacet 5mg TabletBy Kivi Labs Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 113.00₹ 11.3/Tablet
Uses of Fistide 5 MG
Contraindications of Fistide 5 MG
- If you are allergic to finasteride or any other ingredients of Fistide Tablet.
- If you are already taking a similar medicine to treat an enlarged prostate gland like dutasteride.
- If you are less than 18 years of age.
- If you are a woman.
Side effects of Fistide 5 MG
- Reduced sex drive
- Unable to get an erection
- Sexual problems (abnormal ejaculation)
Precautions and Warnings of Fistide 5 MG
- Fistide Tablet is meant for use only in men and should not be taken by women. If your partner is pregnant or thinks she may be pregnant, you must use protection while having sexual intercourse.
- Men who are planning to have a baby must first consult a doctor, as this medicine may affect male fertility.
- Please reach out to your doctor for further information.
Other General Warnings
- You are planning to have a child.
- You notice any changes in your breast (like pain, lumps, nipple discharge, etc).
- You are due to have a blood test, as Fistide Tablet may alter the results. Inform the doctor or staff person that you are taking this medicine.
- You notice any changes in your mood like depression, feeling low, suicidal thoughts, etc. Discontinue taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
- Fistide Tablet must not be used by women, children or adolescents (below 18 years).
Mode of Action of Fistide 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fistide 5 MG
- Fistide Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fistide 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Fistide 5 MG
- Fistide Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Fistide 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Fistide Tablet be used by children?
Q: Can I plan to have a baby if I am taking Fistide Tablet?
- Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Finasteride 1 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Finasteride 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Finasteride 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]