Febutaz 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Febutaz 40 MG Description
Febutaz 40 tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of gout. It is also used to decrease uric acid levels in the body due to kidney disorders or certain medications. Gout is a condition simila
r to arthritis where there is sudden pain in the joints accompanied by redness and swelling. These symptoms usually occur due to uric acid deposition in the joints. Febutaz 40 tablet contains febuxostat as an active component that works by reducing uric acid production in the body. You should not take Febutaz 40mg if you have kidney or liver disorder, are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to febuxostat. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Febutaz 40 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhoea, headache|
- Febutec 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 125.77₹ 106.90₹ 10.69/Tablet
- Febutax 40mg TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.754.16% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Febzeal 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.00₹ 53.5536.46% CHEAPER₹ 5.35/Tablet
- Febuset 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 270.55₹ 270.55₹ 18.04/Tablet
- Febuxor 40mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.00₹ 118.15₹ 11.82/Tablet
- Fabulas 40mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 152.00₹ 129.20₹ 12.92/Tablet
- Febucip 40mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 152.17₹ 121.74₹ 12.17/Tablet
- Foxstat 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 148.00₹ 125.80₹ 12.58/Tablet
- Febuset 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 96.05₹ 9.61/Tablet
- Feburic 40mg Tablets 15'sBy Ajanta Pharma Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 220.00₹ 187.00₹ 12.47/Tablet
Uses of Febutaz 40 MG
Contraindications of Febutaz 40 MG
- If you are allergic to febuxostat or any ingredient of Febutaz 40 tablet.
Side effects of Febutaz 40 MG
- Gout flares
Precautions and Warnings of Febutaz 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart, kidney, liver or thyroid-related problems.
- You have had a serious allergic reaction to allopurinol (a medication used for the treatment of gout).
- You have or have had heart failure, heart problems or stroke.
- You have received an organ from someone else.
- You are having a gout attack at the moment (sudden onset of intense pain, tenderness, redness, warmth and swelling in a joint).
- You have any thyroid problems.
- Febutaz 40 tablet is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Febutaz 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Febutaz 40 MG
- Take the Febutaz 40 tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- It can be taken with or without food, but try to take this medicine at the same time every day.
- During the initial days of your treatment, you may get gout flare-up; however, you should continue taking the medicine.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Febutaz 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Febutaz 40 tablet works and Febutaz itself can affect the action of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat cancer (mercaptopurine), to reduce immune response (azathioprine) and medicine for asthma (theophylline).
Storage and disposal of Febutaz 40 MG
- Store Febutaz 40 tablets in a cool, dry place away from excess heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Febutaz 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What kind of dietary restrictions are to be followed while on Febutaz 40 tablet?
Q: Can I take Febutaz 40 tablet with omeprazole?
Q: Can I stop taking Febutaz 40 tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can Febutaz 40 tablet be used in children?
Q: Is Febutaz and febuxostat same?
Q: What is the best time to take Febutaz?
Q: What are the side effects of Febutaz 40 tablet?
Q: How long to take Febutaz 40 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Febutaz 40?
Q: Is Febutaz 40mg a steroid?
- Febuxostat Dr. Reddy's Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Mayo Clinic. Gout diet: Can the foods you eat help to control gout? [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Febuxostat Dr. Reddy's Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Febuxostat: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]