Expectrol Syp 60ml
By VERITAZ HEALTHCARE LTD
60ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Expectrol Syrup is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasm, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It is a combination medicine containing - bromhexine, guaifenesin and terbutaline. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, guaifenesin is an expectorant, and terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Expectrol Syrup works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Expectrol Syp 60ml
Expectrol Syrup is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Expectrol Syp 60ml
- If you are allergic to guaifenesin, terbutaline, bromhexine or any other ingredients of Expectrol Syrup.
- If you have heart-related problems like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you have seizures and tremors.
Side effects of Expectrol Syp 60ml
Precautions and Warnings of Expectrol Syp 60ml
Can I take Expectrol Syrup during pregnancy?
It is not advised to take Expectrol Syrup during pregnancy. Your doctor can prescribe you this if required and if the potential benefit outweighs the risk to the foetus.
Can I take Expectrol Syrup while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Expectrol Syrup as it may harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Expectrol Syrup?
Expectrol Syrup can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Expectrol Syrup?
Alcohol intake, along with Expectrol Syrup, can make you more drowsy or dizzy. Try to avoid alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergies after taking Expectrol Syrup.
- You have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeat or heart failure.
- You have a history of fits, seizures or tremors.
- You have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low potassium level in your blood.
- If you are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- Expectrol Syrup should not be given to the children.
Mode of Action of Expectrol Syp 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Expectrol Syrup works by the combined action of its components: terbutaline, guaifenesin and bromhexine.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier.Read less
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant, and so it helps to thin the mucus in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucus thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier.Read less
Directions for Use of Expectrol Syp 60ml
- Take Expectrol Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Expectrol Syp 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Expectrol Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Expectrol Syrup along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and Propranolol, Atenolol and other similar medicines of this class used to treat high blood pressure are not advised.
- Medicines used to treat psychiatric disorders and other medicines used for brain disorders such as Desipramine, Selegiline, Amitriptyline etc. should be used cautiously.
- Expectrol Syrup should be used with caution in corticosteroids like Prednisone (used to treat inflammation), Acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness), water pills such as Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide (used to treat high blood pressure).Read less
- Expectrol Syrup should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of this medicine
- Medicines used to treat an eye condition called glaucoma, including eye drops and medicines to treat asthma or other respiratory disorders may interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Expectrol Syp 60ml
- Store Expectrol Syrup below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Expectrol Syp 60ml
Symptoms of an overdose of Expectrol Syrup include abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, fits, fast heartbeat and drowsiness. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Expectrol Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dosage to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before starting Expectrol Syrup?
- Consult with your doctor if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer or have a history of stomach ulcer.
- Do inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor before giving Expectrol Syrup to a child.
Q: Can I take Expectrol Syrup for dry cough?
A: Expectrol Syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions, and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy, and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Consult your doctor for more information on which medicine/syrup to be taken for dry cough.
Q: Does Expectrol Syrup cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, Expectrol Syrup can cause drowsiness. Avoid driving or do any work that requires concentration and attention if you experience such symptoms.
Q: Can we give Expectrol Syrup to elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of Expectrol Syrup. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problems, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population, aggravating the side effects of this medicine. Therefore, always consult a doctor before giving it to elderly patients.
- Bisolvon Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Terbutaline Syrup [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Terbutaline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:12 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved