Exermet 1gm Tablet
Exermet 1 G Description
Exermet Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes). It contains metformin as its active ingredient. This medicine helps to lower the raised blood
sugar levels. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and for the prescribed duration. It should be taken with or after having food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and also about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
- Metform Sr 1000mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.30₹ 36.24₹
- Gluconorm Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.13₹ 50.26₹
- Metsmall 1000mg Tablets 14'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 48.70₹ 41.39₹
- Glycomet 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.65₹ 51.55₹
- Glyciphage Sr 1gm Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.20₹ 38.42₹
- Xmet Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.93₹ 57.74₹
- Gluformin Xl New 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.64₹ 51.54₹
- Melmet Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.13₹ 50.26₹
- Obimet Sr 1gm Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.65₹ 51.55₹
- Zomet Th 1000mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 28.59₹ 24.30₹
Uses of Exermet 1 G
Contraindications of Exermet 1 G
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other ingredients of Exermet Tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are an alcoholic (you daily consume alcohol in excess).
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney. Infections can increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
Side effects of Exermet 1 G
- Stomach pain
- Taste disturbance
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Exermet 1 G
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate. Metformin does not usually cause sudden low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If Metformin is prescribed with other anti-diabetic medications, low blood sugar may occur....
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- Stop taking Exermet Tablet for a short time if you have severe vomiting or diarrhea.
Mode of Action of Exermet 1 G
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin drives glucose (sugar) from the blood to enter inside the cell. Then this glucose is utilized as energy by the cell.
- If you have diabetes mellitus, your pancreas either does not make enough insulin or your body is unable to use properly the insulin it produces (insulin resistance).
- As a result, glucose is not able to enter into the cells and this leads to a high level of glucose in your blood.
- Exermet Tablet works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Exermet 1 G
Interactions of Exermet 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Exermet Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines used to reduce pain and swelling like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib.
- Medicines used to treat asthma like salbutamol or terbutaline.
- Medicines like furosemide (diuretics).
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking metformin before or at the time of injection.
- If you are on medicines that are used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID and COX-2 inhibitors, such as ibuprofen and celecoxib) for the long term, these can damage your kidneys. The use of such medicines in diabetes should be avoided....
Interactions with food items
- Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term metformin therapy and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended.
- It is advisable to have a diabetic diet as advised by your doctor or dietician. This medicine works best along with a good diet and exercise. Exercise is known to decrease insulin resistance.
Storage and disposal of Exermet 1 G
- Store Exermet Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Exermet 1 G
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I tell the healthcare provider before I start treatment with Exermet Tablet?
- You must get screened for baseline Vitamin B12 levels, kidney and liver profile. Other factors like weight, body mass index (BMI), baseline blood sugar levels before starting the treatment should be noted...
- You must share all the relevant medical and surgical history, your past and ongoing medicines, etc. with your doctor
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: Can Exermet Tablet be stopped if my blood sugar level comes in control?
Q: Does Exermet contain metformin?
Q: What is the best time to take Exermet?
Q: What is Exermet Tablet used for?
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Misbin R. The Phantom of Lactic Acidosis due to Metformin in Patients With Diabetes. 2021. [cited 18 May 2022]
- Metformin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Exermet Sr 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Exermet 1000 Mg Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Exermet Gm Forte 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Exermet 850 Mg Sr Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Exermet Gm Forte 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Exermet Gl Tablet 10 S
- Exermet 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Exermet 850 Mg Tablets 15 S
- Exermet 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Exermet 850 Mg Tablet