Eurepa 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Eurepa 0.5 mg tablets consist of 0.5 mg repaglinide component to treat hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.
|You Save||₹26.33 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nervousness, Sweating, Dizziness, Headache, Weakness|
Check more medicines with composition as Repaglinide(0.5 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Eurepa 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Eurepa 0.5 MG
- Type 2 Diabetes mellitus
Contraindications of Eurepa 0.5 MG
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Chronic liver disorder
Side effects of Eurepa 0.5 MG
- Pale skin
- Shaking of hands
Precautions and Warnings of Eurepa 0.5 MG
Can I take Eurepa 0.5mg tablet during pregnancy?
As no studies are done on pregnant women, Eurepa 0.5mg is not recommended. Please consult your doctor for apporpriate recommendation.
Can I take Eurepa 0.5mg tablet while breastfeeding?
As no studies are done on nursing mothers, Eurepa 0.5mg is not recommended. Please consult your doctor for apporpriate recommendation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Eurepa 0.5mg tablet?
If you experience side effects like dizziness or drowsiness, it may not be advisable to drive. Please consult your doctor if you experience frequent symptoms of hypoglycaemia.
Can I consume alcohol with Eurepa 0.5mg tablet?
Consuming alcohol with Eurepa 0.5mg might prolong the effect of Eurepa 0.5mg, so please consult your doctor for case specific recommendation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have hypoglycaemia
- You are taking insulin secretagogues
- You are taking Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin or thiazolidinediones
- You are taking metformin
- You have acute coronary syndrome
Mode of Action of Eurepa 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Eurepa 0.5 mg tablets have a medicine called repaglinide that acts on the pancreas to release more insulin to decrease the level of glucose in the blood.
Directions for Use of Eurepa 0.5 MG
Eurepa 0.5 mg is usually taken 30 minutes before a meal to at least just before a meal. Please strictly follow the directions given by your doctor. Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew or crush the tablet....
Interactions of Eurepa 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of gemfibrozil with repaglinide will lower Eurepa's blood-glucose-lowering effect.
- Rifampicin, when coadministered with repaglinide will affect the mechanism of repaglinide. So close monitoring of blood glucose levels is mandatory if they have to be administered concomitantly.
- ß- blocking medicines may mask the symptoms of hypoglycaemia
Interactions with food items
The episodes of hypoglycaemia are quite common in diabetic patients who are generally asked to take food or a drink.
Storage and disposal of Eurepa 0.5 MG
- Store the medicine at room temperature (20°C - 25°C)
- Keep away from children and pets
- Do not freeze the medicine
- Please consult your pharmacist for safe disposal instructions
Dosage of Eurepa 0.5 MG
Please take the patient to the emergency department immediately in case of an overdose. Take medicine's product packaging to help the doctor with the necessary details.
Missed a Dose
If you miss taking medicine before a meal and have just begun eating, please stop eating the meal and take medicine immediately. However, if you have already finished eating, please skip the missed dose and take the next dose on time. Do not take two doses together....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I Eurepa 0.5 mg be given to children?
A: Eurepa 0.5mg is not recommended in children below the age of 18 years.
Q: Can a patient with hepatic disorder take Eurepa 0.5mg?
A: Eurepa 0.5mg is not recommended in patients with liver disorder.
- Prandin 0.5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/258/smpc
- Prandin 0.5mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/258/pil
- Drugs H. Repaglinide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a600010.html
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.