Esonium 20mg Tablets
Price to be Updated
Esonium 20mg Tablets Description
Esonium 20mg Tab is a medicine used to reduce acid in your stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers, acid reflux disease and to eradicate a bacteria called H.Pylori to reduce the risk of inte
stinal ulcers. It is also used for the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Esonium 20mg Tab contains esomeprazole as an active ingredient. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take the medicine at least one hour before food.
Uses of Esonium 20mg Tablets
- Esonium 20mg Tab is used to treat and prevent ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- It provides relief from heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- It is used to treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a rare condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to the tumour.
- The medicine is used to treat ulcers due to excessive use of pain killers and antibiotics.
- It is used to eradicate the infection of a bacteria, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, causes ulcers.
Contraindications of Esonium 20mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole or other ingredients of Esonium 20mg Tab .
- If you are allergic to proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, lansoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicine nelfinavir.
Side effects of Esonium 20mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esonium 20mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with the liver or kidneys.
- You are taking Esonium 20mg Tab for long-term.
- You are taking anti-HIV medicines like atazanavir or nelfinavir.
- You have or had an allergic reaction after taking similar medicines in the past.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esonium 20mg Tab .
- You have weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and notice blood in vomit.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and taking clarithromycin (an antibiotic).
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency.
- You have a skin disorder, (lupus or SLE), characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency.
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using the medicine while going for a lab test (Chromogranin A).
- Esonium 20mg Tab is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Esonium 20mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esonium 20mg Tablets
- Esonium 20mg Tab must be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take at least an hour before the meals.
- Take the medicine at the same time for optimal result.
Interactions of Esonium 20mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Esonium 20mg Tab works or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Inform the doctor regarding a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
- Taking blood thinners, medicines to treat heart problems, mental health problems, fungal infections, fits, HIV infection, cancer, heartburn, tuberculosis, organ transplantation.
Storage and disposal of Esonium 20mg Tablets
- Store Esonium 20mg Tab at a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esonium 20mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Esonium 20mg Tab ?
Q: Can Esonium 20mg Tab be used in children?
Q: Can I take a Esonium 20mg Tab after having food?
- ESOMAC Tablets (Esomeprazole magnesium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 June 2021].