Escigress 20mg Tab
By LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Escigress is a prescription medication that contains Citalopram as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of depression. Depression is a medical condition that affects the mood. It can result in feelings of sadness and hopelessness witha loss of interest in activities and an inability to feel pleasure. These changes may be linked to altered levels of certain chemical substances in the central nervous system. It required continued treatment for several months under the care of a qualified physician. Escigress should only be taken when prescribed by a doctor. The dose of the tablet should not be altered during the course of treatment. In case of any side effects, it is advisable to consult a doctor....
|You Save||₹23.58 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Treatment of Major Depressive Disorder|
|Side effects||Sedation, Dry mouth, Increased sweating, Loss of libido, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Citalopram(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Escigress 20 MG
- As per the CDSCO Escigress 20 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of anxiety
- Treatment of panic disorder
Contraindications of Escigress 20 MG
- It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to citalopram or any of the ingredients of Escigress.
- Its use is to be avoided in patients with heart disease resulting in abnormal heart rhythms.
- It is contraindicated in patients with serious liver and kidney disease.
- Escigress hsould not be prescribed to people with angle closure glaucoma (a condition that causes visual changes due to increased pressure in the eyes)
- Escigress should not be used to treat children and adolescents below 18.
Side effects of Escigress 20 MG
- Excessive drowsiness
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Escigress 20 MG
Can I take Escigress during pregnancy?
Escigress is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it can affect the foetus. Discuss with your treating physician for details. Inform your doctor regarding your pregnancy or intention to conceive.
Can I take Escigress while breastfeeding?
Escigress is considered unsafe during breastfeeding. It can affect the infant as it can be excreted in the milk at low levels.
Can I drive if I have consumed Escigress?
Escigress can cause side effects such as sedation, lethargy, fatigue, dizziness etc. Hence, driving and the use of heavy machinery are not recommended.
Can I consume alcohol with Escigress?
The use of alcohol and CNS depressants with Escigress is not recommended as it can cause increased sedation and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on any other medications you are taking. Escigress interacts with many other medications that use the same metabolic enzymes.
- You witness any mood changes or suicidal thoughts.
Mode of Action of Escigress 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Citalopram regulates the levels of a chemical messenger in the brain called Serotonin. It prevents the reabsorption of serotonin by nerves, a process called reuptake, resulting in raised levels of serotonin. These higher levels help relieve the symptoms of depression and result in improved mood, increased feeling of calm, etc. It can also regulate the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine....
Directions for Use of Escigress 20 MG
- Take the medicine as prescribed by a doctor. Do not change the dose of the tablet.
- The tablet should be taken at the same time everyday for best results.
- Swallow Escigress as a whole with a glass of water.
- Don't crush, chew or break Escigress.
Interactions of Escigress 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Escigress should not be used along with or within two weeks of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid etc. Any other medications that result in higher levels of serotonin should also be avoided such as linezolid and pimozide. Their concomitant use with escigress can result in serotonin syndrome, a potentially fatal condition....
- It should not be mixed with blood thinners such as aspirin, NSAIDs, heparin, warfarin, etc. This may increase the chances of active bleeding causing bruising or nose bleeds.
- Escigress should not be prescribed with other medications that cause changes in heart rhythm.
Interactions with food items
- Escigress does not have any known interaction with food items.
Storage and disposal of Escigress 20 MG
Store in a cool and dry place. Keep away from direct light and moisture. Keep away from children and pets. Dispose of it with biomedical waste after date of expiration.
Dosage of Escigress 20 MG
he overdose symptoms may include sedation, seizures, tremors, high heart rate, low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, or loss of consciousness and coma. If there is an accidental or suspected overdose, take the patient to a hospital for further management....
Missed a Dose
f you miss a dose of Escigress, it is advised to take it as soon as possible. If the duration missed is too long or it is almost time for the next dose, you can skip the missed dose. Do not double the dose of the tablet....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Escigress but I feel very tired and sleepy all the time. Do I need to reduce the dose?
A: Escigress can result in drowsiness and this is a common side effect. Do not change the dose of the tablet without consulting your doctor. Discuss any side effects with your doctor to understand how to manage them.
Q: I started Escigress 2 weeks back and I feel more comfortable. Can I stop taking it?
A: It is advisable to take Escigress for the dose and duration as prescribed. The duration might be as long as 6 months. Your doctor will advise you when to stop the tablet.
Q: I have been prescribed Escigress. I have been taking my medicines for a heart problem. Can I continue them?
A: There are several medications that can interact with Escigress. Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking at the time of prescription.
- Sharbaf Shoar N, Fariba KA, Padhy RK. Citalopram. [Updated 2021 Dec 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
- Citalopram 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 February 2022]. Available from:
- Celexa Label
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.