Epofit 3000iu Injection Pfs
Epofit 3000 IU Description
Epofit Injection contains epoetin alfa (recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa). It is used mainly for the treatment of anaemia due to kidney problems or in the treatment of cancer. Do not use this me
dicine if you have a history of an allergy or any other bone marrow problems. Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high blood pressure or have a history of other heart problems. Do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹164.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Epoetin Alfa(3000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Anaemia in individuals with kidney disease and adults who are undergoing cancer chemotherapy.|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, injection site reactions|
Uses of Epofit 3000 IU
Contraindications of Epofit 3000 IU
- If you are having a history of allergy (rashes, itching, skin redness, swelling of lips, eyes, difficulty in breathing or swallowing) to any of the contents of this medicine.
- If you have red cell aplasia (a condition in which bone marrow cannot produce enough red blood cells).
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are due for major orthopaedic surgery (hip or knee) and you have severe heart disease, diseases of veins and arteries, recently had a heart attack or stroke, cannot take medicines to thin the blood....
Side effects of Epofit 3000 IU
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Injection site reaction
Precautions and Warnings of Epofit 3000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have diabetes or are overweight.
- You are suffering from cancer.
- You are bedridden long time due to surgery or illness.
- You have or had high blood pressure, seizures/fits, low red blood cell count or a blood disorder called porphyria.
- You have hepatitis C and are taking medicines for it like ribavirin and interferon.
- You develop symptoms like red spots and ulcers of the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and eyes after taking this medicine.
- You have or had blood clots in the veins of the body, arteries of the lungs or reduced/stopped blood supply to the brain.
Mode of Action of Epofit 3000 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Epofit 3000 IU
- Epofit Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Epofit 3000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Epofit Injection works or this medicine itself may affect the working of some medicines.
- Talk to your doctor, particularly if you are taking cyclosporin (used for the treatment of organ transplantation), iron supplements and other blood stimulating medicines.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking, which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Epofit Injection or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Epofit 3000 IU
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Epofit 3000 IU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Epofit Injection?
Q: How does Epofit Injection work?
- EspogenTM. Patient Information Leaflet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Recombinant human erythropoetin. CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Epoetin Alfa Hexal - European Medicines Agency [Internet]. European Medicines Agency. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- EPOFIT 4000IU PRE FILLED SYRINGE OF 1ML SOLUTION FOR INJECTION
- EPOFIT 10000IU PRE FILLED SYRINGE OF 1ML SOLUTION FOR INJECTION
- EPOFIT 5000IU PRE FILLED SYRINGE OF 0.5ML SOLUTION FOR INJECTION
- EPOFIT 6000IU PRE FILLED SYRINGE OF 0.6ML INJECTION
- EPOFIT 2000IU PRE FILLED SYRINGE OF 1ML INJECTION
- EPOFIT 5000 IU INJECTION 1 ML
- EPOFIT 20000IU VIAL OF 2ML INJECTION