Endoxan 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Endoxan 50 MG Description
Endoxan tablet contains Cyclophosphamide, which is an anti-cancer medicine. It works by slowing or stopping growth in various types of cancer of the blood, eye, breast, etc and in certain kidney dise
ases in children where other treatments cannot be given. This medicine should be swallowed whole with an adequate amount of water to prevent any ill effect on the urinary path.
Check more medicines with composition as Cyclophosphamide(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Endoxan 50 MG
- Endoxan tablet is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as cancer of the blood, eye, breast.
- It is also used in a certain kidney disease in children in whom other treatments cannot be given.
Contraindications of Endoxan 50 MG
- If you are allergic to Cyclophosphamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an obstruction in the urinary path.
Side effects of Endoxan 50 MG
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Mouth ulcer
- Blurring of vision
- Absence of menstrual period
- Early stoppage of the menstrual period
Precautions and Warnings of Endoxan 50 MG
Can I take Endoxan Tablet during pregnancy?
The component of Endoxan tablets is known to be harmful to foetus. It may cause birth defects, foetal growth retardation, miscarriage and foetotoxic effects in the newborn. Hence, it should be avoided in pregnant women.
Can I take Endoxan Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of the Endoxan tablet in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Endoxan Tablet?
Endoxan tablets may cause dizziness and blurring of vision. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Endoxan Tablet?
Drinking alcohol, along with the Endoxan tablet, increases nausea and vomiting. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your immunity is suppressed.
- You have kidney disease, liver disease or heart disease.
- You are planning for pregnancy, as the use of Endoxan tablet can impair fertility.
Mode of Action of Endoxan 50 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA and RNA synthesis and protein synthesis.
Directions for Use of Endoxan 50 MG
Endoxan tablet should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of water. It should be taken in the morning and with food as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Endoxan 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Endoxan tablets with medicines known as protease inhibitors such as doxorubicin, etoposide can increase the blood concentration of Endoxan.
- Medicines used in rheumatoid arthritis such as azathioprine, when taken along with Endoxan, can cause liver toxicities.
- Antifungal medicines such as metronidazole, when taken along with Endoxan, can cause brain diseases.
- Concomitant use of Endoxan with medicines used to thin blood such as warfarin may affect the effect of warfarin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, before starting with the Endoxan tablet.
Storage and disposal of Endoxan 50 MG
- Store the Endoxan tablet at 20°c to 25°c in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Endoxan 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Endoxan tablets include fever, cough, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, breathing difficulty, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Endoxan tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Endoxan tablets cause loose motions?
A: Yes, the intake of Endoxan tablets can cause loose motions as a side effect. If side effect persists, then immediately inform your doctor.
Q: Should the Endoxan tablet be crushed?
- Endoxan tablets should be swallowed as a whole with an adequate amount of water and should not be crushed.
Q: Should Endoxan tablets be taken with food or without food?
A: Endoxan tablets should be taken with food to avoid stomach problems.
Q: How does the Endoxan tablet work?
A: Endoxan tablet works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA and RNA synthesis and protein synthesis.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed